Castle DistrictCurrently Open
- Address: Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1) Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Museums, Palace
Even though Prague castle is the center of attention in this area, the Castle Quarter or Hradcany is much larger and is filled with many other attractions, palaces, churches and monasteries. Some of the palaces host excellent galleries, others are used as government or church buildings. Places like St Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica, National Gallery etc, make a visit to this place an absolute must on your trip to Prague.
There are a host of restaurants and bars around this area that are not only essentially Czech by heart but also have a character of their own. Hradcany was an independent borough until 1784, when the four independent boroughs that had formerly constituted Prague were proclaimed a single city.
Castle District Travel Tips
- Catch the change of guard at the Prague Castle for a memorable experience.
- Start your visit with a stop at the visitor’s information center so that you will be able to organize your time here better.
How to Reach Castle District
- Bus: Malostranske namesti
- Metro: Malostranska
- U Labuti
- Na Baste
- Terasa U Zlate studne
- U krale Brabantskeho
- Restaurace U certa
- Loretka Cafe Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Prague before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Prague and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Castle District Address: Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
- Castle District Timing: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Time required to visit Castle District: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.75% of people who visit Prague include Castle District in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
61.33% of people start their Castle District visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Castle District
62.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castle District
People normally club together Prague Picture Gallery and Prague Castle while planning their visit to Castle District.
People also prefer to end their day with Castle District.