Golden Lane Tours
About Golden Lane, Prague
Golden Lane dates back to the 15th Century and has an extremely charming, old world quaintness about itself. Once you enter the Golden Lane, you will come across a lot of historic buildings. You will also keep seeing many period scenes which have been created to show the life of the artisans who once lived and worked inside the lane. The lane captures the essence of Prague’s glorious history beautifully and embodies the pride and rich culture of the people of this country. It also has an extremely interesting story that goes behind the naming of the Golden lane as the Golden Lane. The story suggests that, in the past centuries- alchemists came here coming for Gold and that is why it is called the Golden Lane. A walk through this lane and you will get to breathe in Prague’s air!
Golden Lane Tickets Prices
- Entrance to Golden Lane is payable, but visitors cannot buy a ticket for this alone. You need one of the Prague Castle self-guided visitor tickets, which cost 250 CZK (short visit ticket) or 350 CZK (long visit ticket), and include admission to other parts of the castle too.
- After castle closing hours, entrance to the lane is free.
How To Get To Golden Lane by Public Transport
- Metro: Malostranska
- Tram: Malostranska (5, 12, 18, 20, 22, 57)
Restaurants Near Golden Lane
- Cafe Rozmbersky Palace
- Ledeburska zahrada
- Palffy Palac
- Cafe Gallery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Prague before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Prague and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Zlata ulicka, 110 00 Praha 1 - Hradcany, Czech Republic
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 95.3K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Golden Lane Tickets And Tours
Delve into the treasures of Prague Castle and Castle District on this 3-hour walking tour with an expert guide. Stroll across the Vltava River and roam the delightful MalÃ¡ Strana district beneath the castle before entering the walled complex, the seat of Czech rulers from early medieval times. See the stately gardens, courtyards, palaces and churches such as St GeorgeâÂÂs Basilica; visit magnificent St Vitus Cathedral; and explore Golden Lane, home to tiny, colorful cottages that were once homes to the castle's archers and goldsmiths.
During this 3-hour night walking tour you will have the chance to see Prague Castle and its surroundings in quiet without the crowds. Enjoy the magical atmosphere and also see Golden Lane that the famous author Franz Kafka once called home.
Uncover the secret of the magical Golden Lane, gain insight into the St George's Basilica ancestral convent on this walking tour of the renowned Prague Castle! Discover one of Europe's largest medieval castles on a 3.5-hour historical walking tour with your expert guide. Visit the Royal Palace, St Vitus Cathedral and more!
Discover the magic of Prague, a modern and vibrant city full of energy, on this introductory tour of the Czech capital. Perfect for first-time visitors, this 3.5-hour city tour combines luxury coach travel and walking for a well-rounded exploration of Prague's famous sites, such as Prague Castle (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), the State Opera, the National Museum, Wenceslas Square and more. Learn about the interesting history of each location you see from your experienced guide.
Share your experience - Rate Golden Lane, Prague
- Other Attractions
- Zoo De Bordeaux-pessac
- Sciences Po Bordeaux
- Montesquieu University - Bordeaux Iv
- Eglise Saint Jean Marie Vianney
- Eglise Saint Jacques 33600 Pessac
- Eglise Protestante De Pessac
- Eglise St Jacques Pessac
- Eglise Baptiste De Pessac
- Eglise Saint Martin Pessac
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near Pessac City Center
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Zoo De Bordeaux-pessac
- Hotels Near Sciences Po Bordeaux
- Luxury Hotels Near Montesquieu University - Bordeaux Iv
- 5 Star Hotels Near Eglise Saint Jean Marie Vianney
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Eglise Saint Jacques 33600 Pessac
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Eglise Protestante De Pessac
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Eglise St Jacques Pessac
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Eglise Baptiste De Pessac
- Cheap Hotels Near Eglise Saint Martin Pessac
- City Tripplans
- Prague Itinerary 2 Days
- Prague Itinerary 5 Days
- Prague Itinerary 3 Days
- Prague Itinerary 7 Days
- Prague Itinerary 4 Days
- Prague Itinerary 6 Days
- Prague Itinerary 1 Day - Explore Prague in 24 Hours
- Europe Itinerary 15 Days
- Europe Itinerary 3 Weeks
- Europe Itinerary 1 Week