Golden LaneCurrently Open
- Address: Zlata ulicka, 110 00 Praha 1 - Hradcany, Czech Republic, Prague
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +420-224373368
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Walking Area, Historical Site
Golden Lane dates back to the 15th Century and has an extremely charming, old world quaintness about itself. Once you enter the Golden Lane, you will come across a lot of historic buildings. You will also keep seeing many period scenes which have been created to show the life of the artisans who once lived and worked inside the lane. The lane captures the essence of Prague’s glorious history beautifully and embodies the pride and rich culture of the people of this country. It also has an extremely interesting story that goes behind the naming of the Golden lane as the Golden Lane. The story suggests that, in the past centuries- alchemists came here coming for Gold and that is why it is called the Golden Lane. A walk through this lane and you will get to breathe in Prague’s air!
Entrance Ticket Details For Golden Lane
- Entrance to Golden Lane is payable, but visitors cannot buy a ticket for this alone. You need one of the Prague Castle self-guided visitor tickets, which cost 250 CZK (short visit ticket) or 350 CZK (long visit ticket), and include admission to other parts of the castle too.
- After castle closing hours, entrance to the lane is free.
How to Reach Golden Lane
- Metro: Malostranska
- Tram: Malostranska (5, 12, 18, 20, 22, 57)
- Cafe Rozmbersky Palace
- Ledeburska zahrada
- Palffy Palac
- Cafe Gallery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Prague before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Prague and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.55% of people who visit Prague include Golden Lane in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60.13% of people start their Golden Lane visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Golden Lane
61.98% of people prefer walking in order to reach Golden Lane