How to Reach Prague
How to reach Prague
- By Air: Flights to Prague land at the Vaclav Havel Airport. From the airport, one can hop onto a public transport bus or an Airport Express bus. One can also hire a taxi from the airport.
- By Train: Prague is well connected with the rest of the European rail network. Daily trains run between Prague and major European cities like Berlin, Munich, Budapest, Warsaw and Vienna to name a few.
- By Bus: International busses stop at Florenc while regional busses stop at the Na Knizeci bus stop.
- On Foot: Prague's a great walking destination and most of the main attractions are within walking distance of the city centre, traffic is reasonably light and it's safe as long as you take care when crossing the road.
- By Tram & Metro: The public transport system is cheap and easy to access, it's perfect for getting out a little further than you're comfortable with on foot.
- By Taxi: Best avoided as they're expensive and often a bit of a con when it comes to tourists seriously consider negotiating the price in advance before travelling anywhere.
Modes of Transportation in Prague
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Prague. The most preferred mode of transport in Prague is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 12.07 km Average time: 34.11 min
Train/Metro 37.78%Train 22.65 min Walking 7.59 min Waiting 4.24 min Bus 2.03 min Tram 1.26 min Other 0.29 min Overall average time for 13.75 kms 38.06 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 15.93 min Bus 5.93 min Waiting 3.67 min Train 3.13 min Driving 1.8 min Tram 1 min Other 0.13 min Overall average time for 6.8 kms 31.6 min
Tram/Streetcar 5.56%Tram 19.4 min Walking 9.2 min Waiting 3.4 min Train 2.8 min Bus 2 min Overall average time for 8.56 kms 36.8 min
Car 20%Driving 24.67 min Walking 0.83 min Overall average time for 15.78 kms 25.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.22%Bus 22.64 min Walking 6.27 min Waiting 4.73 min Train 2.91 min Tram 1.36 min Overall average time for 10.09 kms 37.91 min
Bike 1.11%Bike 20 min Other 5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 6 kms 26 min