How to Reach Prague, Czech Republic
The Easiest Way to Reach Prague
HOW TO GET TO PRAGUE
- By Air: Flights to Prague land at the Vaclav Havel Airport. From the airport, one can hop onto a public transport bus or an Airport Express bus. One can also hire a taxi from the airport.
- By Train: Prague is well connected with the rest of the European rail network. Daily trains run between Prague and major European cities like Berlin, Munich, Budapest, Warsaw and Vienna to name a few.
- By Bus: International busses stop at Florenc while regional busses stop at the Na Knizeci bus stop.
HOW TO GET AROUND PRAGUE
- On Foot: Prague's a great walking destination and most of the main attractions are within walking distance of the city centre, traffic is reasonably light and it's safe as long as you take care when crossing the road.
- By Tram & Metro: The public transport system is cheap and easy to access, it's perfect for getting out a little further than you're comfortable with on foot.
- By Taxi: Best avoided as they're expensive and often a bit of a con when it comes to tourists seriously consider negotiating the price in advance before travelling anywhere.
Are you looking for a Prague travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Prague
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Prague. The most preferred mode of transport in Prague is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 12.31 km Average time: 33.54 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 23.37 min Walking 7.32 min Waiting 3.97 min Bus 2 min Tram 1.18 min Other 0.32 min Overall average time for 14.67 kms 38.16 min
Walking 19.3%Walking 15.09 min Bus 5.82 min Waiting 3.36 min Train 3.05 min Tram 1.45 min Driving 1.23 min Other 0.09 min Overall average time for 6.56 kms 30.09 min
Tram/Streetcar 5.26%Tram 17.67 min Walking 9 min Waiting 3.5 min Train 3.33 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 8.13 kms 35.17 min
Car 23.68%Driving 25.37 min Walking 3.04 min Overall average time for 16.41 kms 28.41 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.28%Bus 20.5 min Walking 6.43 min Waiting 4.5 min Train 2.86 min Tram 1.07 min Overall average time for 9.21 kms 35.36 min
Bike 0.88%Bike 20 min Other 5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 6 kms 26 min
How to Reach Prague from Nearby Cities
|Dresden to Prague||187.46 km||2 hours 19 mins|
|Brno to Prague||209.92 km||2 hours 26 mins|
|Passau to Prague||224.73 km||3 hours 50 mins|
|Erlangen to Prague||238.77 km||2 hours 20 mins|
|Salzburg to Prague||273.69 km||2 hours 40 mins|
|Munich to Prague||281.69 km||2 hours 24 mins|
|Nuremberg to Prague||290.83 km||3 hours 30 mins|
|Leipzig to Prague||304.08 km||3 hours 5 mins|
|Berlin to Prague||375.01 km||4 hours 13 mins|
|Vienna to Prague||396.92 km||3 hours 54 mins|
- How to reach Mělník
- How to reach Doksany
- How to reach Litomerice
- How to reach Kutna Hora
- How to reach Hlinná
- How to reach Pardubice
- How to reach Cesky Krumlov
- How to reach Brno
- How to reach Karlovy Vary
- How to reach Milovice U Hořic
- How to reach Mladá Vožice
- How to reach Vyskytná
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach London
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona