How to Reach Prague - The Easiest Way to Reach Prague
HOW TO GET TO PRAGUE
- By Air: Flights to Prague land at the Vaclav Havel Airport. From the airport, one can hop onto a public transport bus or an Airport Express bus. One can also hire a taxi from the airport.
- By Train: Prague is well connected with the rest of the European rail network. Daily trains run between Prague and major European cities like Berlin, Munich, Budapest, Warsaw and Vienna to name a few.
- By Bus: International busses stop at Florenc while regional busses stop at the Na Knizeci bus stop.
HOW TO GET AROUND PRAGUE
- On Foot: Prague's a great walking destination and most of the main attractions are within walking distance of the city centre, traffic is reasonably light and it's safe as long as you take care when crossing the road.
- By Tram & Metro: The public transport system is cheap and easy to access, it's perfect for getting out a little further than you're comfortable with on foot.
- By Taxi: Best avoided as they're expensive and often a bit of a con when it comes to tourists seriously consider negotiating the price in advance before travelling anywhere.
Are you looking for a Prague travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Prague
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Prague. The most preferred mode of transport in Prague is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 12.12 km Average time: 33.7 min
Train/Metro 33.83%Train 23.13 min Walking 7.16 min Waiting 4.18 min Bus 1.8 min Tram 1.27 min Other 0.27 min Overall average time for 14.32 kms 37.8 min
Walking 18.8%Walking 16.44 min Bus 5.12 min Waiting 3.2 min Train 3.08 min Tram 1.92 min Driving 1.08 min Other 0.08 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 30.92 min
Tram/Streetcar 6.02%Tram 16 min Walking 7.63 min Waiting 3.63 min Train 2.5 min Bus 1.88 min Overall average time for 7.35 kms 31.63 min
Car 22.56%Driving 27.67 min Walking 2.73 min Overall average time for 17.1 kms 30.4 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.78%Bus 20.12 min Walking 6.06 min Waiting 4.12 min Train 2.35 min Tram 0.88 min Overall average time for 8.32 kms 33.53 min
Bike 0.75%Bike 20 min Other 5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 6 kms 26 min
- How to reach Cesky Krumlov
- How to reach Kutna Hora
- How to reach Brno
- How to reach Pardubice
- How to reach Karlovy Vary
- How to reach Těmice