Prague National Gallery1040 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Staromestske namesti 12 110 15 Praha 1-Stare Mesto, Prague, Czech Republic Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +420-224301122
- Ticket Price: 200 CZK
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery
The National Gallery holds the largest collection of impressionist, medieval, European artworks in the Czech Republic. The collections of the gallery are not housed in a single building, but are presented in a number of historic structures within the city of Prague, as well as other places. The largest of the gallery sites is the Veletrzni Palace, which houses the National Gallery's collection of modern art from 19th to 21st Century. The star of this exhibit is the Slav Epic from Alfons Mucha which is a series of twenty huge paintings depicting the history of the Czech and the Slavic people in general and was bestowed to the city of Prague in 1928. Unlike other statuesque buildings in Prague, this building has fairly straightforward architecture and could be mistaken as an office building. But the real art reveals itself once you step foot inside.
Entrance Ticket Details For Prague National Gallery
- Reduced- 100 CZK
- Family- 150 CZK
- School Group- 20 CZK
- COMBINATION TICKET: (Permanent Exhibition and Alfons Mucha: The Slav Epic)
- Basic- 240 CZK
- Reduced- 120 CZK
- School Group- 40 CZK
How to Reach Prague National Gallery
- Nearest Metro: Staromestska
- Nearest Bus: Staromestske namesti
- Cafe U Tyna
- Indian Jewel
- Kotleta Restaurant
- Billy Konicek
- Divinis Wine Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Prague before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Prague and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Prague National Gallery Address: Staromestske namesti 12 110 15 Praha 1-Stare Mesto, Prague, Czech Republic
- Prague National Gallery Contact Number: +420-224301122
- Prague National Gallery Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Prague National Gallery Price: 200 CZK
- Time required to visit Prague National Gallery: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.92% of people who visit Prague include Prague National Gallery in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Prague National Gallery visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Prague National Gallery
75.86% of people prefer walking in order to reach Prague National Gallery
People normally club together Klementinum and Museum Of Decorative Arts while planning their visit to Prague National Gallery.