St Vitus Cathedral7264 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hrad III. nadvori, 119 00 Praha, Czech Republic, Prague
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 420-224372434
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture , Cathedral
St. Vitus Cathedral is the most important buildings that dominate the Prague castle complex. Thus, many visitors are in a misconception that St. Vitus Cathedral is Prague castle. This cathedral is regarded as the spiritual symbol of the state of Czech and is said to be the masterpiece of the architecture in Gothic style. St. Vitus cathedral is the largest cathedral in Prague and even many of the king’s and queen’s coronations took place in this cathedral. The cathedral hall is free to explore, but you need to have an admission ticket if you want to view the entire cathedral. The cathedral is also said to be the burial place of many kings and queens of Czech. Things that make it a must visit tourist attraction in prague are - you can have a complete view of the Golden Portal, Interiors of cathedral, Famous chapels, Triforium and even a bronze door which is decorated with reliefs with scenes from the history of the cathedral. The full name of the cathedral is St. Vitus, St. Wenceslas and St. Adalbert Cathedral. You should surely pay visit to the Bell tower that has 287 steps.
St Vitus Cathedral Travel Tips
- You must make sure that you have a ticket to see the whole cathedral.
- The Bell Tower is accessible only in good weather which consists of 287 steps.
- Wheel chair facility available.
St Vitus Cathedral Hours
- Religious Services: Monday to Thursday- 7:00 am; Friday- 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Saturday- 7:00 am and Sunday- 8:30 am and 10:00 am.
How to Reach St Vitus Cathedral
- Metro Station Malostranska
- Lion Yard
- Paffy Palace
- Three fiddles
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Prague before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Prague and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.24% of people who visit Prague include St Vitus Cathedral in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
45.9% of people start their St Vitus Cathedral visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St Vitus Cathedral
74.04% of people prefer walking in order to reach St Vitus Cathedral