Brown UniversityCurrently Open
- Address: Providence, RI 02912, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4018631000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids, Architecture , University
Brown University - Review
Even if you aren't planning on enrolling at the University here, it's worth checking out this historic 143 acre campus for its lovely layout, elegant Georgian and Victorian architecture, and student watching. Highlights to watch for include:
- Notable entrances: Van Wickle Gates, Faunce Arch, Wayland Arch
- Student hangouts and activity hubs: Main Green, Quiet Green, Ruth J. Simmons Quadrangle, Sciences Park, Keeney Quadrangle, Wriston Quadrangle
- Libraries: John Hay Library, Rockefeller Library, John Carter Brown Library, Brown University Library
- David Winton Bell Gallery, Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology
- Manning Chapel, Annmary Brown Memorial
Trivia: The Brown Alumni includes 8 Nobel Prize laureates, 8 billionaires, a U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, 4 U.S. Secretaries of State, and 19 Pulitzer Prize winners.
Brown University Information
- You can get a map of the campus from The Visitor Center which makes self guided tours easier.
Brown University Hours
- The individual buildings may have their own opening and closing hours.
How To reach Brown University by Public Transport
- Buses 1, 32, 33, 34, 40, 49, 61X stop Tunnel Before Thayer
- Buses 35, 60, 78 stop S Main at Superior Court
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.
Brown University Trips
Brown University, Providence Reviews
An amazing Ivy League school historical to the city of Providence. Many architectural builds and modern buildings. Some parking spaces that range 3$/hour and 15$/all day . There are about 7 public lots. Very good tour area
Amazing school in the Ivy League. Based in Providence,Rhode Island. Founded 1764.
Maud Mandel stops research and studies if they might be unpopular with the public. Imagine if this guy was in charge back when Copernicus was figuring out the Earth went around the sun, science suffers great losses when ideas like this are allowed... Universities should be out to seek knowledge no matter whose feelings it hurts. Truth is often uncomfortable but that's no reason to embrace lies. If you care about getting a real education that's not directed by social justice you probably should go somewhere else. If you are into sacrificing reality for people's feelings then maybe this is the right college for you.
At last after 50 years and hundreds of years of Maori knowledge scientists form Brown University have found the scientific proof of predicting volcanic activity in New Zealand . Maori knowledge is native knowledge only past on by speech Auckland New Zealand .So grateful for their research .
Beautiful campus grounds and buildings. Grounds are open to the public and are just the right size so it's not intimidating for those who cannot afford to walk a lot. A leisurely stroll should not last more than an hour. Free tours on weekdays. Street parking available for a fee.