Brown UniversityCurrently Open
- Address: Providence, RI 02912, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4018631000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids, Architecture , University
Even if you aren't planning on enrolling at the University here, it's worth checking out this historic 143 acre campus for its lovely layout, elegant Georgian and Victorian architecture, and student watching. Highlights to watch for include:
- Notable entrances: Van Wickle Gates, Faunce Arch, Wayland Arch
- Student hangouts and activity hubs: Main Green, Quiet Green, Ruth J. Simmons Quadrangle, Sciences Park, Keeney Quadrangle, Wriston Quadrangle
- Libraries: John Hay Library, Rockefeller Library, John Carter Brown Library, Brown University Library
- David Winton Bell Gallery, Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology
- Manning Chapel, Annmary Brown Memorial
Trivia: The Brown Alumni includes 8 Nobel Prize laureates, 8 billionaires, a U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, 4 U.S. Secretaries of State, and 19 Pulitzer Prize winners.
- You can get a map of the campus from The Visitor Center which makes self guided tours easier.
- The individual buildings may have their own opening and closing hours.
- Buses 1, 32, 33, 34, 40, 49, 61X stop Tunnel Before Thayer
- Buses 35, 60, 78 stop S Main at Superior Court
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.
Great university. Very modern buildings. Good student life.
An amazing Ivy League school historical to the city of Providence. Many architectural builds and modern buildings. Some parking spaces that range 3$/hour and 15$/all day . There are about 7 public lots. Very good tour area
You can create your own concentration here!
Amazing school in the Ivy League. Based in Providence,Rhode Island. Founded 1764.
The richest man of India Mukesh ambani son anant ambani studyed in this university...