Brown University113 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Providence, RI 02912, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4018631000
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids, Architecture , University
Even if you aren't planning on enrolling at the University here, it's worth checking out this historic 143 acre campus for its lovely layout, elegant Georgian and Victorian architecture, and student watching. Highlights to watch for include:
- Notable entrances: Van Wickle Gates, Faunce Arch, Wayland Arch
- Student hangouts and activity hubs: Main Green, Quiet Green, Ruth J. Simmons Quadrangle, Sciences Park, Keeney Quadrangle, Wriston Quadrangle
- Libraries: John Hay Library, Rockefeller Library, John Carter Brown Library, Brown University Library
- David Winton Bell Gallery, Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology
- Manning Chapel, Annmary Brown Memorial
Trivia: The Brown Alumni includes 8 Nobel Prize laureates, 8 billionaires, a U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, 4 U.S. Secretaries of State, and 19 Pulitzer Prize winners.
Brown University Travel Tips
- You can get a map of the campus from The Visitor Center which makes self guided tours easier.
Brown University Hours
- The individual buildings may have their own opening and closing hours.
How to Reach Brown University
- Buses 1, 32, 33, 34, 40, 49, 61X stop Tunnel Before Thayer
- Buses 35, 60, 78 stop S Main at Superior Court
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.
Brown University Reviews & Ratings
Great ivy league university located in a friendly small town- Providence, RI. Beautiful campus, friendly students and faculties.
Beautiful campus even if for visitors/non students. We walked around while sightseeing in Providence, and it was well worth spending our time here.
Great place, dorms get hot in the summer but otherwise amazing. It's so close to Downtown it's a 10 minute walk. The campus is built into the city of Providence. Thayer street is so close and has a ton of amazing restaurants. It's a safe environment and caters to adventureous people who don't want to go to crazy. Definetly attend Summer Brown or the University itself.
One of the finest Universities our country has for intelligent minds. My son is attending graduate school here so I get to go walking all over to experience the beautiful mixture of cultures. While walking through different areas of the campus you might get lucky enough to come across the art sculptures being placed at that time. Walking along Thayer Street there's a different food culture on every corner and in between. People selling their goods - presumably handmade - along the thickest foot traffic paths. The Brown bookstore was amazing! Something for all the students no matter their chosen profession. They didn't leave out the parents either. I got my Brown on! Find the giant blue teddy bear that lights the path keeping people safe in the night.
Variety of Food Alot Started Vesjetable Great savory food