Brown University113 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Providence, RI 02912, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4018631000
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids, Architecture , University
Even if you aren't planning on enrolling at the University here, it's worth checking out this historic 143 acre campus for its lovely layout, elegant Georgian and Victorian architecture, and student watching. Highlights to watch for include:
- Notable entrances: Van Wickle Gates, Faunce Arch, Wayland Arch
- Student hangouts and activity hubs: Main Green, Quiet Green, Ruth J. Simmons Quadrangle, Sciences Park, Keeney Quadrangle, Wriston Quadrangle
- Libraries: John Hay Library, Rockefeller Library, John Carter Brown Library, Brown University Library
- David Winton Bell Gallery, Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology
- Manning Chapel, Annmary Brown Memorial
Trivia: The Brown Alumni includes 8 Nobel Prize laureates, 8 billionaires, a U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, 4 U.S. Secretaries of State, and 19 Pulitzer Prize winners.
Brown University Travel Tips
- You can get a map of the campus from The Visitor Center which makes self guided tours easier.
Brown University Hours
- The individual buildings may have their own opening and closing hours.
How to Reach Brown University
- Buses 1, 32, 33, 34, 40, 49, 61X stop Tunnel Before Thayer
- Buses 35, 60, 78 stop S Main at Superior Court
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.