Historic Federal HillCurrently Open
- Address: Federal Hill Providence, RI, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Historic Federal Hill - Review
This neighborhood is probably half the reason people even visit the city of Providence. Also known as Little Italy, this is a fantastic place to hunt down eateries, art galleries, a diverse range of shops, and events and festivals throughout the year.
On your tour of federal hill, keep an eye out for the following highlights:
- The La Pigna sculpture on Gateway arch over Atwells Avenue.
- Squares: Garibaldi Square, DePasquale Plaza, John's Park, Ridge Street Playground and Franciscan Park.
- The many excellent restaurants on Atwell’s avenue.
- Church of St Mary On Broadway.
- India Museum & Heritage Society
- Royal Gallery
But the neighborhood is probably best enjoyed at night time, even though they aren't exactly many nightclubs or discos in the area, there are a plethora of excellent restaurants and bars. It’s the city’s favourite neighborhood for a date!
How To reach Historic Federal Hill by Public Transport
- Buses 10X, 27, 28 stop Broadway FS Knight
- Buses 4, 17, 19 stop Westminster NS Knight
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.