Historic Federal Hill, Providence
About Historic Federal Hill, Providence
Historic Federal Hill, Providence - Address
Address: Federal Hill Providence, RI
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Bar, Art Gallery, Restaurant, Square, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This neighborhood is probably half the reason people even visit the city of Providence. Also known as Little Italy, this is a fantastic place to hunt down eateries, art galleries, a diverse range of shops, and events and festivals throughout the year.
On your tour of federal hill, keep an eye out for the following highlights:
- The La Pigna sculpture on Gateway arch over Atwells Avenue.
- Squares: Garibaldi Square, DePasquale Plaza, John's Park, Ridge Street Playground and Franciscan Park.
- The many excellent restaurants on Atwell’s avenue.
- Church of St Mary On Broadway.
- India Museum & Heritage Society
- Royal Gallery
But the neighborhood is probably best enjoyed at night time, even though they aren't exactly many nightclubs or discos in the area, there are a plethora of excellent restaurants and bars. It’s the city’s favourite neighborhood for a date!
How To reach Historic Federal Hill by Public Transport
- Buses 10X, 27, 28 stop Broadway FS Knight
- Buses 4, 17, 19 stop Westminster NS Knight
- Drive to here or take a taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.