Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium74 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 1000 Elmwood Ave, Providence, RI 02907, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4016807221
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Planetarium , Family And Kids, Exhibition , Natural History Museums
Founded in 1896 this Natural History Museum contains an enormous collection of natural exhibits and artifacts. With 250000 objects, very little of the museum is on display at any particular time. Collections include preserved plants and animals, rocks and minerals and fossils, North American archaeological artifacts and ethnographic objects, and an archive of documents and photographs and other miscellaneous collections. These valuable items have come from not just Rhode Island or North America, but from all around the world. This is also Rhode Island's only public Planetarium. The facility is only open for limited periods though.
Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium Travel Tips
- Children under 4 years of age are not permitted inside the planetarium.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium
- Entry is free for children under four years.
- Planetarium: $3
- Memorial Day through Labor Day, free for families of military service members up to five people.
Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium Hours
- Last admission to museum is 30 minutes before closing time.
- October through March, First Monday of the month: 1pm-4pm
- Planetarium is open during Rhode Island school vacation weeks in February and April; and from July - August: Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and Closed from Monday to Friday.
How to Reach Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium
- Bus 6 stop Roger Williams Zoo
- Bus 20 stop Elmwood FS Cadillac
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium Reviews & Ratings
Thoroughly impressed with the RWP Natural history museum, admittedly my expectations were low because of the small size & only a $2 admission, but I wasn’t disappointed! Absolutely a great hidden gem in RI. Check it out! & for $3 there is a planetarium show (ages 4 and up).
cute little museum. the price tag meant i could easily decide to kill an hour or two here. the collection and information presented was solid & tailored to the area, & staff was nice!
Went here on a field trip and loved it. Recommend kids 3-12. The planetarium was better than the museum.
I've always liked going here as a kid.😊 And as an adult, bringing my kids and now grandchildren. There's quite a bit of interesting history to learn about. Alot of ppl outside of RI would learn a great deal. Love to draw some of the pictures they have here. It's an awesome place. Small, but very nice building and layout. In one of the 2 Roger Williams Park's. Very historical.
Have been here a few times. Great to take school aged children. Lots of taxidermy animals, a space exhibit, and a very cool honey bee exhibit where you can peak into a real working beehive..very well priced! Only a few dollars for a days activity. For the price it can not be beat!