Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium74 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1000 Elmwood Ave, Providence, RI 02907, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4016807221
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Planetarium , Family And Kids, Exhibition , Natural History Museums
Founded in 1896 this Natural History Museum contains an enormous collection of natural exhibits and artifacts. With 250000 objects, very little of the museum is on display at any particular time. Collections include preserved plants and animals, rocks and minerals and fossils, North American archaeological artifacts and ethnographic objects, and an archive of documents and photographs and other miscellaneous collections. These valuable items have come from not just Rhode Island or North America, but from all around the world. This is also Rhode Island's only public Planetarium. The facility is only open for limited periods though.
Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium Travel Tips
- Children under 4 years of age are not permitted inside the planetarium.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium
- Entry is free for children under four years.
- Planetarium: $3
- Memorial Day through Labor Day, free for families of military service members up to five people.
Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium Hours
- Last admission to museum is 30 minutes before closing time.
- October through March, First Monday of the month: 1pm-4pm
- Planetarium is open during Rhode Island school vacation weeks in February and April; and from July - August: Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and Closed from Monday to Friday.
How to Reach Museum Of Natural History And Planetarium
- Bus 6 stop Roger Williams Zoo
- Bus 20 stop Elmwood FS Cadillac
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.