Providence City HallCurrently Open
- Address: 25 Dorrance St, Providence, RI 02903, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4014217740
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Technically you should only be at the City Hall on a guided tour or for official business, as it is not a classic tourist attraction but the center of the municipal government here. It's not open to tourists. But once you are inside this 1878 building, now listed on the national register of historic places, there is a lot to see. The architectural style is Second Empire Baroque. Check the grand entrance into the atrium, the inlaid marble and the paint work, and the original the gas lamps. A number of famous speeches have been delivered on the steps of this building, including US President Theodore Roosevelt’s "Trust" speech.
Providence City Hall Travel Tips
- Tours of the city hall are by appointment only.
Providence City Hall Hours
- Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
How to Reach Providence City Hall
- Buses 17, 27, 28, 31, 92 stop Washington NS Clemence
- Buses 1, 3 stop Dorrance After Pine
- Bus 6 stop Weybosset FS Peck
- Drove to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.