Roger Williams Park Zoo, Providence
About Roger Williams Park Zoo, Providence
Roger Williams Park Zoo, Providence - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1000 Elmwood Ave, Providence, RI 02905
Ticket Price: 15 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 213 times in trip plans
Outdoors, Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Established in 1872, this is one of the oldest and the best zoos in the country. Over half a million people explore the zoo’s 40 acres annually. They come to see over 100 different species of animals. This includes:
- The Alex and Ani Farmyard petting area (sheep, alpacas, chickens, barn owls)
- Fabric of Africa: Hogs, cranes, wildebeests cheethas
- Marco Polo's Adventure Trek: Asian animals such as camels, snow leopards and red pandas
- North America: Bald eagles, bison, pronghorns, otters, harbor seals
- Tropical America: Vultures, flamingos, anteaters
- World of Adaptations: Mostly Australian fauna such as gibbons, emus, kangaroos
- Wetlands Trail: The animals of Rhode Island
The zoo is not as large as some of the others in the United States but it is definitely one of the best laid out.
Roger Williams Park Zoo Information
- Free parking available.
- Check out the full list of the animals at the zoo on the attraction website.
Roger Williams Park Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children (ages 2 through 12): $9.95
- Seniors (ages 62+): $12.95
- Free for one and under
Roger Williams Park Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- Specific days dependind on month and year may have special closing times; check the zoo website to confirm for day of your visit.
How To reach Roger Williams Park Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus 6 stop Roger Williams Zoo
- Bus 20 stop Elmwood FS Cadillac
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.
Roger Williams Park Zoo, Providence Reviews - Write a Review
Great zoo but I mainly go there for the jack o lantern spectacular every fall! Being going for years and it doesn’t disappoint. This year we tried the new soaring eagle zip line it’s a short ride but it shows a great view of all of providence and more over the trees. Definitely a rush!
This zoo is awesome and not expensive! They have some of the "bigger, cooler animals" like elephants, zebras, giraffes. They have wildcats like cheetahs and snow leopards. They have otters and seals. They also have some more obscure animals like a red panda, flamingos, etc... Admission is (I think) $15, but if you live within an hour or so, just get a seasonal pass... We did and we've been numerous times and I love it every time! They also have a really nice kids' area and they are building more onto the zoo. I only wish they had a nicer gift shop. All in all... 10/10 would recommend!!
Pumpkin show was a fiasco. Horrible experience. Traffic was out of control, over an hour wait for last 1/2 mile to get in. No traffic help or organization, every man for themself, fights everywhere due to road rage. Kids working in parking area just using their cell phones, no help at all. Got in late of course Saturday night, had to rush through the walk through. $18.00 a head to fast walk through pumpkins, rip off. Many cars turned away frustrated and will have to try and fight for refunds. Ugh, never again.
Really don't know why all The accolades. Took my sister, niece and her nine and six year old. Beautiful day in late August 2017. Other than the elephants and giraffes, where were other animals? On vacation? At another zoo? I felt the zoo was little more than a lot of path walking and a lot of grass and trees. The kids were so looking forward to the visit but quickly became quite bored. Fairly easy to get to but we all left disappointed.
Every year I enjoy going to the Halloween Spooktacular. It has a different theme each year and is always so creative. You can buy your tickets online now to eliminate a wait upon entering.