Swan Point Cemetery318 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 585 Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI 02906, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4012721314
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Cemetery, Family And Kids
This prestigious cemetery, established in 1846, has spread incrementally from 60 acres to over 200 acres in the present day. So many important historical figures and dignitaries have been interred here that it has become listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Miles upon miles of unpaved paths course through graves in neat rows and past gorgeous monuments and tombs. There are some highlights you ought to remember to check out, though. At the southeast corner, stroll by Swan Point over the Seekonk River after which the grave is named. Other stops include Memorial Grove, Hope Memorial, Forty Steps, Easter Path, and Rock Pond. However, the most frequented grave is probably that of Howard Phillips Lovecraft, the American author whose horror fiction became a cultural force only after his death.
Swan Point Cemetery Travel Tips
- Make sure to follow all the visitor guidelines outlined by the cemetery on site.
- Wear proper attire.
- No pets, skateboarding, rollerblading or picnicking. children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
How to Reach Swan Point Cemetery
- Bus 1, 40 stop Hope Before Chace
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Providence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Providence and book an accommodation of your choice.