- Address: Auroville, Bommayapalayam, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, India
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods
Auroville, strictly speaking, is not a tourist attraction. It is a calm and peaceful community, dedicated to the unity of people. But it is precisely for this that it is a place worth seeing. Spread over a huge area, Auroville has a visitor center which will help you learn a lot more about the philosophy behind this ideal community.
Although you are not allowed to enter the projects of Auroville, one can visit the MaitriMandir which brings a lot of tourists toAuroville. You can also explore the forest area around and nearby making it a very idyllic spot. The place has a very calming feel to it. The spiritual nature of the place is also responsible for the influx of tourists.However, tourism is not their main goal and hence it’s important that no one disturbs the tranquility of the place.
However, the place does have a pretty little park for tourists where you can find interesting drinks as well as handmade goods on sale. Books written by Sri Aurobindo and his disciple, the mother, have also been put up on display. There may not be much to do but it is nevertheless a very fascinating place to visit.
Auroville Travel Tips
- There is a deep spiritual meaning to this place. Do not behave in a bad way here.
- Although there is no opening or closing time, MaitriMandir can only be accessed during the given times.
- You will need to take a free pass at the visitor center to gain entry to the MaitriMandir.
- Maitrimandir is around 1 km away from the visitor center.
- The Maitrimandir view point is closed on Sunday Afternoons.
- Buses and larger forms of transport are discouraged in the settlement.
How to Reach Auroville
- It is best to drive to this place.
- Not too many restaurants closeby so take something to eat with you. Le Morgan is inside the premises; Olive Auroville and Tanto Pizza are a little far away.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Puducherry before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puducherry and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.29% of people who visit Puducherry include Auroville in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
55.56% of people start their Auroville visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Auroville
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Auroville
Auroville Reviews & Ratings
Is the entry inside the globe open!Answer Report Abuse
TicketAnswer Report Abuse