Events and Festivals in Puducherry
- Festivals and events in this town are influenced by those done in Tamil Nadu, the French-colonialism history has an effect on the way the people live in this area.
- Masi Magam takes place on full moon day of the Tamil month of Masi (February-March). Deities are paraded in processions to the beach for a symbolic immersion ceremony. Thousands of people go to the seashore to have a dip in the sea which is said to wash away one's sins. There is fire walking festivals held by local temples a few times a year to vow commitment.
- Fire Walking festival is a popular event of Pondicherry, whereby participants go through a 40 day fasting period.
- Sedal is another festival that is also observed in the area.
- International Yoga Festival is held in January every year, tourists and vistors from around the world come to attend this exciting and fun festival.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Puducherry
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Puducherry
2-Hour Walking Tour in the French Quarter of PondicherryNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Explore the French quarter of Pondicherry on this 2-hour walking tour. Pass by some of the most prominent landmarks and histo...Book Now
Private Full-Day Tour of Pondicherry and Auroville1 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Pondicherry famous for its brightly painted houses with bougainvillaea laden walls, large boulevards, streets and road signs ...Book Now
Save 9%Pondicherry Sightseeing Tour Including Transportation to ChennaiNew on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Start your 10-hour day trip from Pondicherry with a drop-off in Chennai. Witness the French buildings in the French Quarter, ...
Save 5%Day Tour to Pichavaram Mangrove Forest and Thillai Nataraja Temple in Chidambaram from PondicherryNew on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Pichavaram the second largest Mangrove forest in the world, is one of the unique Eco-tourism spots in South India. It consist...