Events and Festivals in Puducherry
- Festivals and events in this town are influenced by those done in Tamil Nadu, the French-colonialism history has an effect on the way the people live in this area.
- Masi Magam takes place on full moon day of the Tamil month of Masi (February-March). Deities are paraded in processions to the beach for a symbolic immersion ceremony. Thousands of people go to the seashore to have a dip in the sea which is said to wash away one's sins. There is fire walking festivals held by local temples a few times a year to vow commitment.
- Fire Walking festival is a popular event of Pondicherry, whereby participants go through a 40 day fasting period.
- Sedal is another festival that is also observed in the area.
- International Yoga Festival is held in January every year, tourists and vistors from around the world come to attend this exciting and fun festival.
Trip plans for Puducherry