Pondicherry Botanical GardenCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Botanical Garden, MaraimalaiAdigalSalai, Ambedkar Nagar, Orleanpet, Pondicherry, Puducherry, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Tags: Outdoors, Botanical Garden, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Nature
Pondicherry Botanical Garden - Review
This botanical garden has existed in the area since colonial times. The charming town of Pondicherry has the perfect tropical weather for a botanical garden. This old and much visited attraction will also take you back in time to the old feeling of Pondicherry.
Around 1500 species of rare plants and flowers find a lovely home in these gardens. The landscaping is old school and rustic while the newer green houses are pretty and chic. The species on display are simply fascinating.
If you have an hour or two between to destinations and want to spend it amidst rare beauties, pick this attraction as your go to. Located in a very popular area of the town, it is an ideal place to get lost even within the city. You can leave all your worries behind and get lost in the wonderful world of nature for a few hours.
Pondicherry Botanical Garden Information
- The ticket prices are usually higher for foreign nationals.
- You will need to take a free pass at the visitor center to gain entry to the MaitriMandir.
- Maitrimandir is around 1 km away from the visitor center.
- The Maitrimandir view point is closed on Sunday Afternoons.
- Buses and larger forms of transport are discouraged in the settlement.
How To reach Pondicherry Botanical Garden by Public Transport
- Old Bus Stop
Restaurants Near Pondicherry Botanical Garden
- Rendezvous Café Restaurant
- Baker’s Street
- Le Club
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Puducherry before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puducherry and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pondicherry Botanical Garden
41.83% of people who visit Puducherry include Pondicherry Botanical Garden in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
70.47% of people start their Pondicherry Botanical Garden visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pondicherry Botanical Garden
94.78% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pondicherry Botanical Garden