Marietas Islands, Puerto Vallarta
Marietas Islands, Puerto Vallarta - Address
Address: Marietas Islands, Mexico
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Marietas Islands, Puerto Vallarta
On one of the endless list of 'most beautiful sights/places on Earth' that you'll find on the internet, there is almost always a picture of a crystalline beach hidden inside a crater, like a jewel inside a treasure chest. This is the place. Cutely called Playa de Amor (Beach of Love), the beach is no natural creation - it was formed when a bomb was accidentally detonated here by the military. Now, it is only accessible during low tide. The rest of the time, though, the Marietas islands are no less inviting. Formed by volcanic activity, now uninhabited, the island is a wealth of natural wonders - marine animals, birds. It's UNESCO recognised biosphere reserve now. The only way to get to the island is by hiring the services of one of the many authorised tour companies.
Marietas Islands Information
- Do not attempt to get to the island on your own boat.
- The duration of visit given here includes travel time on boat, which is one hour from the city, each way.
- Bring your own snorkelling gear.
- Reserve your tours early - it's a highly popular destination, and frequently sold out.
Marietas Islands Ticket Prices
- Though different tour companies charge different prices, USD 70 is a good average estimate of a tour package to Marietas Islands.
How To reach Marietas Islands by Public Transport
- By sea, with a tour company like Vallarta Adventures.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Puerto Vallarta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puerto Vallarta and book an accommodation of your choice.