Museo Del Cuale21 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Isla de los Niños del Río Coale s/n Centro, Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +52-2222222222
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
This tiny museum on the island in the middle of the Rio Cuale is surprisingly insightful and immersive. It explores the traditions and customs of ancient tribes of Mexico from pre-Columbian times. Most items are from the the Ixtapa Archeological Zone along the Ameca River. Some of the artefacts on display here date from 5000 BC. These include examples of ceramics, art, and hunting tools. Civilizations and settlements represented here include The Purepecha, Aztatlán, Chupicuaro. There is also a section dedicated to the Spanish colonisation practices. The main exhibit is a tomb found in excavations at Sayula-Zacoalco in Jalisco.
How to Reach Museo Del Cuale
- Drive or take a taxi to one of the bridges near the island and then walk over.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Puerto Vallarta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puerto Vallarta and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Museo Del Cuale Address: Isla de los Niños del Río Coale s/n Centro, Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
- Museo Del Cuale Contact Number: +52-2222222222
- Museo Del Cuale Timing: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Museo Del Cuale(preferred time): 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Museo Del Cuale: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.55% of people who visit Puerto Vallarta include Museo Del Cuale in their plan
66.67% of people start their Museo Del Cuale visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museo Del Cuale
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Del Cuale
People normally club together Teatro Vallarta and Playa Camarones while planning their visit to Museo Del Cuale.
People also prefer to start their day with Museo Del Cuale.