The Arena1142 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Scalierova Ulica 30, Pula, Croatia Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +385-52219028
- Ticket Price: 40 HRK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Monument, Entertainment, Performance, Concert, Family And Kids, Architecture , Amphitheater
An architectural masterpiece, an ancient roman amphitheatre and one of the largest surviving Roman arenas in the world. The arena is the most visited tourist destination in Pula. With reconstructions and addition happening for centuries, the arena is first believed to be built in between 27 BC-68 AD.
Considered as one of the best preserved monuments in the world, this aesthetically pleasing structure is built in limestone with the height of exterior walls being 96.5 feet. This four towered arena has 15 gates and series of underground passages. There were also fragrant water fountains in every tower and what now stands today as an amphitheatre was built in the reign of legendary Emperor Augustus.
The amphitheatre is the venue for the remarkable Pula film festival celebrating local as well as international films. With a seating capacity of around 3000, the arena is used as a stage for concerts, theatrical performances, Ice-hockey games and also in cinemas like the Shakespeare's revenge tragedy Titus Andronicus.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Arena
- Students have reduced fees.
- Different shows, concerts and performances have separate entry fees.
The Arena Hours
- Different shows, concerts and performances have separate timings.
How to Reach The Arena
- Hired car or on foot
- Pietas Julia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pula before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pula and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Arena Address: Scalierova Ulica 30, Pula, Croatia
- The Arena Contact Number: +385-52219028
- The Arena Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- The Arena Price: 40 HRK
- Best time to visit The Arena(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Arena: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
94.07% of people who visit Pula include The Arena in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
75.52% of people start their The Arena visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Arena
71.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Arena
People normally club together Roman Amphitheatre and Dvojna Vrata while planning their visit to The Arena.
People also prefer to start their day with The Arena.