Visit Punakha - Best of Punakha
Gently caressed by the Himalayas is Asia’s happiest place- the little nation of Bhutan. The Kingdom of Bhutan is also rated as the 8th happiest place in the world. And in this little bundle of joy is the tranquil place called Punakha. Breathtakingly scenic nature, serene and calm waters, pleasant locals and yes- the grand Himalayas, need more reasons to get away from the super flooded routine?
This former capital of Bhutan is one of the sides of the golden beauty triangle other two being Paro and Jakar. Considered to be one of the tourist’s favorite, you will love it in Punakha. The national objective being increasing the gross national happiness, this is one place that will definitely make you happy!
Punakha Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Punakha tips for your visit
DO’s and Don’ts:
- Punakha is a hilly area, so make sure you carry travel sickness tablets with you.
- Also, it is a remote area, so keep your emergency medications handy. If you have problem on high altitudes, appropriate medication before visiting Punakha.
- Carry a camera, there’s a lot to click!
- It is a perfect place to camp, so carry your camping gear, hiking shoes while on a trip to Punakha.
- Keep a weather check and carry suitable clothes if at all it rains or snows.
- Don’t forget to be happy in one of the happiest places on earth!
Are you looking for a Punakha travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Punakha Tourist Information
Popular Hotels in PunakhaView all Hotels in Punakha
- Trongsa Tourism
- Thimphu Tourism
- Phuentsholing Tourism
- Paro Tourism
- Wangdue Phodrang Tourism
- Zhemgang Tourism
- Ha Tourism
- Phajoding Tourism
- Phuntsholing Tourism
Facts and Stats for Punakha*
Cost for Essentials in Punakha
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Punakha
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.02 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 40.43 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 82.33 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 23.52 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.