Dagdusheth Ganpati4451 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ganpati Bhavan, 250, Budhvar Peth, Pune, 411002, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2024479222
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Family And Kids
The Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati sits in the heart of Pune amidst the heavy traffic and bustling peths. When you enter the temple, loud chants of ‘Ganapati Bappa Morya’ engulf you and your eyes fall on the beautiful Dagdusheth idol in the main Mandap. You can’t help but marvel how beautiful the gold-laden Maharashtrian deity is.
The temple was built by Dagdusheth Gadve in memory of his late son. Gadve, a Halwai (Sweet maker) was a devotee of Lord Ganesha and built this temple in his ancestral building in Budhwar Peth.
He also formed the ‘The Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Sarvajanik Ganpati Trust’. It is one of the richest religious trusts in the country. Along with the temple administration, the trust does a lot of philanthropic work. It runs an orphanage, an old age home, and ambulance services for the poor.
The temple is also notable for popularizing the Ganeshostav. DagduSheth Halwai temple does a lot of constructive work unlike many Ganesh Mandals, who play loud music and ignore the vision that Lokmany Tilak had for the Ganesh Festival.
A grand procession is carried out on the Anand Chaturdashi with the Lord placed in a decorated chariot. Traditional Dhol and Tashe fill the atmosphere with a devotional enthusiasm.
A visit to Pune is incomplete without visiting the Dagdusheth Mandir. It is the pride of Pune. Many Punekars start their day by bowing down to their beloved god. The temple welcomes people of all faith and soothes every chaotic soul that comes in search of some peace.
During the Ganesh festival that is held for ten days, it lightens up with artistic creations that start three months prior to the festival. It is swarmed with visitors during this time and is the best time to visit the temple in its full glory.
Dagdusheth Ganpati Travel Tips
- Try visiting the temple during Ganapati festivals. The decorations are breathtaking.
- Volunteers are also taken in during this time for managing the huge crowd and other responsibilities.
- Traditional attire is recommended.
- Do not carry valuables in the temple during crowded hours. Hold on to your wallet.
- Devotees can make donations online and also book days for performing abhishek poojas.
Dagdusheth Ganpati Hours
- 6.00 A.M.: Darshan for General Public
- 7.30 A.M.: Sakalchi Aarti (Morning Aarti Prayer)
- 8.15 A.M. :Darshan for General Public
- 1.30 P.M. : Naivedyam And Noon Aarti
- 2.00 P.M. : Darshan for General Public
- 3.00 P.M. : Madhyana Aarti
- 3.15 P.M. : Darshan for General Public
- 8.00 P.M. : Mukhya Aarti
- 8.15 P.M. : Darshan for General Public
- 10.30 P.M. : Shejarti
- The Recommended time to visit 8:00 Am for the morning aarti, 8:15 Pm for the Mukhya aarti.
How to Reach Dagdusheth Ganpati
- Dagdusheth Halwai bus stop
- Vasant Talkies bus stop
- Old City post office bus stop
- Shrikrushna Bhavan
- Archana Restaurant
- Akshay Restaurant
- Durga Bhavan
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pune before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pune and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.93% of people who visit Pune include Dagdusheth Ganpati in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
41.93% of people start their Dagdusheth Ganpati visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dagdusheth Ganpati
51.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dagdusheth Ganpati