How to Reach Pune
How To Reach Pune
Various travel options to get in Pune
- By Air: The Pune Airport at Lohegaon runs flights all over the country as well as international filghts to places like Beijing, London, Madrid, Bangkok and Singapore. The airport is around 15 kms from Central Pune.
- By Train: Pune has two railway stations; The Pune Station is the main train station. It connects the city to other cities in the State as well as the country. The Shivajinagar Station also handles railway traffic.
- By Taxi: Private Taxis run from Dadar, Mumbai to Pune every 30 minutes. Private taxis can be hired from local travel agencies for personal use.
- By Road: The Swargate Bus station, the Pune Bus Station and the Shivajinagar Bus station are the three bus terminals which operate government bus services.
- Private luxury buses also run to different parts of India operated by travel companies.
Getting Around Pune
A complete guide to Pune public transport
- By Bus: Pune has a vast network of PMT and PMPL buses. You will find a route map and pass cards at one of the main PMT bus stands.
- By Train: If you want to travel to Pune suburbs quickly, hop on one of the locals heading to Lonavala or Mumbai from the Shivajinagar Railway Station!
- By Car: Taxis and Luxury cars can be hired with a chauffeur from any of the travel agencies around the city.
- By Rickshaw: Rickshaws are an important mode of transport in the city. Carry a fare card with you, although almost all Rickshaws have an electronic meter. A responsible Pune travel guide will all warn you about the drivers charging more than the standard rates.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Pune. The most preferred mode of transport in Pune is Car.
Average distance: 14.2 km Average time: 46.19 min
Car 35.61%Driving 41.96 min Walking 1.17 min Other 0.11 min Waiting 0.02 min Overall average time for 15.14 kms 43.26 min
Walking 11.36%Walking 51.73 min Bike 8.33 min Other 3.33 min Driving 3 min Motorbike 1.33 min Bus 0.47 min Waiting 0.33 min Overall average time for 6.85 kms 68.53 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.82%Bus 51.22 min Waiting 10 min Walking 8.22 min Train 3.33 min Overall average time for 17.67 kms 72.78 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.76%Tram 30 min Walking 10 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 45 min
Bike 26.52%Bike 34.29 min Walking 0.34 min Other 0.17 min Overall average time for 13.47 kms 34.8 min
Motorbike 9.09%Motorbike 43.33 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 18.5 kms 44.33 min
Train/Metro 0.76%Train 20 min Walking 7 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 25 kms 32 min
* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo