How to Reach Pune - The Easiest Way to Reach Pune
How To Reach Pune
Various travel options to get in Pune
- By Air: The Pune Airport at Lohegaon runs flights all over the country as well as international filghts to places like Beijing, London, Madrid, Bangkok and Singapore. The airport is around 15 kms from Central Pune.
- By Train: Pune has two railway stations; The Pune Station is the main train station. It connects the city to other cities in the State as well as the country. The Shivajinagar Station also handles railway traffic.
- By Taxi: Private Taxis run from Dadar, Mumbai to Pune every 30 minutes. Private taxis can be hired from local travel agencies for personal use.
- By Road: The Swargate Bus station, the Pune Bus Station and the Shivajinagar Bus station are the three bus terminals which operate government bus services.
- Private luxury buses also run to different parts of India operated by travel companies.
Getting Around Pune
A complete guide to Pune public transport
- By Bus: Pune has a vast network of PMT and PMPL buses. You will find a route map and pass cards at one of the main PMT bus stands.
- By Train: If you want to travel to Pune suburbs quickly, hop on one of the locals heading to Lonavala or Mumbai from the Shivajinagar Railway Station!
- By Car: Taxis and Luxury cars can be hired with a chauffeur from any of the travel agencies around the city.
- By Rickshaw: Rickshaws are an important mode of transport in the city. Carry a fare card with you, although almost all Rickshaws have an electronic meter. A responsible Pune travel guide will all warn you about the drivers charging more than the standard rates.
Are you looking for a Pune travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Pune
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Pune. The most preferred mode of transport in Pune is Car.
Average distance: 13.87 km Average time: 44.51 min
Car 36.97%Driving 40.84 min Walking 1.25 min Other 0.11 min Waiting 0.02 min Overall average time for 14.94 kms 42.23 min
Walking 10.08%Walking 53.83 min Bike 10.42 min Other 4.17 min Driving 1.67 min Overall average time for 6.82 kms 70.08 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.04%Bus 44.33 min Waiting 11.67 min Walking 9.33 min Train 5 min Overall average time for 14.83 kms 70.33 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.84%Tram 30 min Walking 10 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 45 min
Bike 26.05%Bike 32.74 min Walking 0.39 min Other 0.19 min Overall average time for 12.79 kms 33.32 min
Motorbike 10.08%Motorbike 43.33 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 18.5 kms 44.33 min
Train/Metro 0.84%Train 20 min Walking 7 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 25 kms 32 min
How to Reach Pune from Nearby Cities
|Pimpri chinchwad to Pune||7.18 km||7 mins|
|Nigdi to Pune||10.94 km||10 mins|
|Mahabaleshwar to Pune||28.74 km||28 mins|
|Nasik to Pune||45.66 km||45 mins|
|Khopoli to Pune||57.59 km||57 mins|
|Ratnagiri to Pune||78.47 km||1 hour 18 mins|
|Shirdi to Pune||78.5 km||1 hour 18 mins|
|Palus to Pune||78.78 km||1 hour 18 mins|
- How to reach Deccan Gymkhana
- How to reach Kondhwa
- How to reach Hadapsar
- How to reach Bhukum
- How to reach Pimpri Chinchwad
- How to reach Loni Kalbhor