How to Reach Pune, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Pune
How To Reach Pune
Various travel options to get in Pune
- By Air: The Pune Airport at Lohegaon runs flights all over the country as well as international filghts to places like Beijing, London, Madrid, Bangkok and Singapore. The airport is around 15 kms from Central Pune.
- By Train: Pune has two railway stations; The Pune Station is the main train station. It connects the city to other cities in the State as well as the country. The Shivajinagar Station also handles railway traffic.
- By Taxi: Private Taxis run from Dadar, Mumbai to Pune every 30 minutes. Private taxis can be hired from local travel agencies for personal use.
- By Road: The Swargate Bus station, the Pune Bus Station and the Shivajinagar Bus station are the three bus terminals which operate government bus services.
- Private luxury buses also run to different parts of India operated by travel companies.
Getting Around Pune
A complete guide to Pune public transport
- By Bus: Pune has a vast network of PMT and PMPL buses. You will find a route map and pass cards at one of the main PMT bus stands.
- By Train: If you want to travel to Pune suburbs quickly, hop on one of the locals heading to Lonavala or Mumbai from the Shivajinagar Railway Station!
- By Car: Taxis and Luxury cars can be hired with a chauffeur from any of the travel agencies around the city.
- By Rickshaw: Rickshaws are an important mode of transport in the city. Carry a fare card with you, although almost all Rickshaws have an electronic meter. A responsible Pune travel guide will all warn you about the drivers charging more than the standard rates.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Pune and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Pune
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Pune. The most preferred mode of transport in Pune is Car.
Average distance: 14 km Average time: 45.81 min
Car 40%Driving 41.38 min Walking 1.47 min Other 0.15 min Waiting 0.03 min Overall average time for 15.66 kms 43.03 min
Walking 10.59%Walking 60.67 min Bike 10 min Other 3.33 min Driving 2.22 min Overall average time for 7.53 kms 76.22 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.88%Bus 45.2 min Waiting 13 min Walking 10.2 min Train 6 min Overall average time for 15.6 kms 74.4 min
Bike 21.18%Bike 25.67 min Walking 0.39 min Other 0.06 min Overall average time for 10.14 kms 26.11 min
Motorbike 9.41%Motorbike 48.75 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 22.13 kms 50 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.18%Tram 30 min Walking 10 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 45 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Pune
- How to reach Lonavala
- How to reach Khandala
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar
- How to reach Matheran
- How to reach Alibag
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Bamnoli
- How to reach Mugaon
- How to reach Unegaon
- How to Reach Top Cities in India
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Jaipur
- How to reach Alamcode
- How to reach Goregaon East
- How to reach Birjam
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Brach
- How to reach Paul Hastings Janofsky Walker: Burton Charles Md
- How to reach Gmina Chodel