Panshet DamCurrently Open
- Address: Panshet Dam, Pune-Panshet road, Pune district, Maharashtra., India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Nature, Dam
Panshet is a rustic destination famous for water sports 50 kms southwest of Pune. A backwater lake has formed because of the dam where these water sports are carried out. Many weekenders from Pune-Mumbai come here to relax in one of the resorts nearby and gaze at the breathtaking Sahyadri mountain range that surrounds it.
Also called as Tanajisagar dam, Panshet is situated on river Ambi and has provided water to Pune since many decades. In the first year after this dam was constructed, the new construction had started developing some problems and it finally broke on 12th July 1961.
Stories of how Panshet Dam burst and flooded the entire city are still told by aged Puneites and can also be found in the city literature.
This place offers marvelous scenic views, especially in the rainy reasons. Kayaking, windsurfing, exciting rides in speedboats and on water scooters will give you a radically different holiday experience than other picnic spots nearby.
Authentic rural Maharashtrian food- stuffed Brinjal and Bhakari coupled with old hindi songs is the recipe for a perfect day out.
Visit this area for a nice evening boat ride and watch the sun go down amidst the Sahyadris. A charming place with full of nature’s bounty, Panshet doesn’t disappoint you. It won’t be long until this place becomes your family’s favorite weekend spot. Panshet dam is one of the best things to do in Pune.
- The recommended time to visit is at Monsoon, winter, evenings.
- Wear suitable footwear in Rainy season, the roads get slippery.
- Carry an extra pair of clothes with you.
- Avoid travelling at night.
- This dam in the rainy season is a delight! Try visiting it during this time.
- You can buy organic vegetables directly from the farms on this road.
- Make sure that the security measures are in place before getting on any adventure rides.
- You can try the adventure sports available in the area. A lot of organic urban farmers reside in the region.
- Panshet ST Stand bus stop
- Jen Jon’s Lavasa Brewery cafe
- Vyanjan restaurant
- The deck
- Roadside Dhabas
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pune before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pune and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.01% of people who visit Pune include Panshet Dam in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.92% of people start their Panshet Dam visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Panshet Dam
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Panshet Dam
Panshet Dam is very beautiful and scenic and very much a secluded place. Incase you are planning to stay in a tent, then you have Aryavart farms which has good arrangements. Also, they have one Villa which has all the required Amenities and good ambience.
Great place n view
It is good place
A out of this country kinda a feel you get from a 30 min drive from NDA mes gate . A must during and just post monsoon
Has Best surrounding places to visite in rainy season
If we want to start from Pune and go to lavasa covering some dam sites is a 9 hour trip sufficient?Answer Report Abuse
The road to Lavasa is very scenic and you can easily cover the dam sites in 9 hours.Report Abuse