Pataleshwar Cave TemplesCurrently Closed
- Address: Jangali Maharaj Rd, Revenue Colony, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411005, India
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
About Pataleshwar Cave Temples, Pune
The Pataleshwar cave temple is one of the most scenic historical monuments in Pune. It has an exotic, ancient look with an incomplete poetic feel to it. Very few people visiting the crowded Jungli Maharaj road are aware that this serene monument situated right there in the heart of the city.
This temple has been carved from a single rock. Its history dates back to the 8th century AD and it bears huge resemblance to the caves of Ellora. Although the main temple is carved intricately, the temple is an incomplete structure, possibly due to a fault line.
Elaborate designs make the temple area beautiful but the surrounding area is left unfinished. This impressive temple houses giant pillars, a shrine of Lord Shiva and a Nandi bull. The circular mandapa that holds the Nandi is one of the peculiar features of this place.
Daily visitors worship the Shiva Lingam and the other statues of hindu deities in the temple area. An old banyan tree with canopy of green leaves provide solace to a chaotic soul in search of some peace.
Although not mesmerising the way huge monuments are, this unique temple is an oasis for the dreamy traveller.
Pataleshwar Cave Temples Information
- Maintain the sanctity of the temple.
- Do not vandalize this ancient monument.
- Wonderful spot for Photography.
- Architecture enthusiasts will love visiting this temple.
- Carry a camera and if you like to sketch, a sketch book.
- Do not litter in the temple premises.
How To reach Pataleshwar Cave Temples by Public Transport
- Jangali Maharaj Mandir bus stop
- Modern Cafe Bus stop
Restaurants Near Pataleshwar Cave Temples
- Joshi Vadewale
- Pizza hut
- China town
- Smokin joes
- Mad over donuts
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pune before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pune and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pataleshwar Cave Temples
63.94% of people who visit Pune include Pataleshwar Cave Temples in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
46.17% of people start their Pataleshwar Cave Temples visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pataleshwar Cave Temples
93.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pataleshwar Cave Temples
Pataleshwar Cave Temples Map
Pataleshwar Cave Temples Trips
Pataleshwar Cave Temples, Pune Reviews
All QuestionsPataleshwar cave temples
- Cornerstone Community Resource Center
- Spiritual Growth Center
- Studio One Performing Arts Center
- Holy Praise Tabernacle Chr-God
- W Brown
- Conants Park
- Museum Of Military History
- Art Type
- Jewish Community Center Of Houston
- First Pentecostal Church Of God
- Corp-The President-The Church
- Saint Marys Academy
- Silver City Zen Center
- New Hope Fellowship SBC
- Andrews Isaac Elder