Raja Dinkar Kelkar MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 1377-78, NatuBaug, Off. Bajirao Road, ShukrawarPeth, Pune - 411 002, Maharashtra, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2024482101
- Ticket Price: 50 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum - Review
Raja Dinkar Kelkar museum ismine of Beautiful, fascinating Indian artefacts. It is an ode to his dead son by a father who found such a unique way to mourn the loss of his loved one. This peculiar museum is on every traveller’s list who visits Pune. It offers a ride down the memory lane, in the old golden days of this country.
The Raja Dinkar Kelkar museum is a one collection of objects that mirror the daily life of India. It was put together by Dr.D.G.Kelkar who travelled all over the country extensively for over 60 years.
He dedicated his work to his late son Raja who had died in a tragic accident. The museum was donated to the Maharashtra government by him in 1975. Only 2500 of all the artefacts are on display for the common visitor.
The three storey building houses around 20000 quirk pan Indian art objects. Lot of hookah pipes, writing instruments, lamps, textiles, toys, entire doors and windows, jewellery, kitchen utensils, furniture, puppets, betel-nut cutters and an amazing gallery of musical instruments can be seen at this museum. It is a testimony to a man’s creative spirit and obsession with art.
If you have a few hours to spare, a visit to here is highly recommended. Museum enthusiasts are fascinated by this place as it offers a glimpse in the private lives of people from a different time that we don’t think about anymore.
What makes this museum worth a visit is that it celebrates the common man like you and me.
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Information
- Wanderers, Heritage enthusiasts will find this place very exciting.
- Carry a camera with you although using a flash is not allowed.
- Do not touch any artefacts.
- Read a bit on Indian lifestyle to get a hang of the museum.
- Alternate phone no. is + 91 20 2446 1556, + 91 20 2447 44 66.
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Ticket Prices
- INR 10 for children below 12 years.
- INR 50 for adults above 12 years.
- INR 200 for Foreigners (adults).
- INR 50 for Foreigners (children).
- Museum entry is free for the Blind and the Disabled.
How To reach Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum by Public Transport
- Shanipar bus stop
- Bhikardas Maruti Bus Stop
Restaurants Near Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
- SP Biryani House
- Ganraj Pure veg
- Maratha Kolhapur Darbar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pune before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pune and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
95% of people who visit Pune include Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.26% of people start their Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
75.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Map
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Trips
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum, Pune Reviews
3stars for amazing collection. No parking available. Location is in narrow lane. Avoid driving ur own car. Better to visit by renting a cab.
Awesome treasure trove of ancient articles. I had visited this museum in my childhood and then again now. The collection of historical articles of day to day life as well as musical instruments is amazing. Expect to spend 1-2 hours here and you would be learning a lot in the process. Only con I can think of is the reduced displays. As a child I remember seeing so much more. Seems some of the older displays have gone or being moved for safe keeping. The ticket was a nominal Rs. 50 with a separate ticket if you want to do photography.
Nice place to visit for history lovers. Also have historical items from other states. Currently some construction work is going on. Overall good place to visit once.
For all those who are interested in our history and culture, this place is wow! The Kelkar collection is displayed nicely. There are different floors,each displaying a variety of awe-inspiring statues, doors, idols, swords etc. I was really surprised to see such collections as they were really beautiful. I wondered how great our history has been. Photography is allowed on a pay of Rs100/-.Initially i didn't opt for the photos,but when i entered, i immediately regreted my decision.I went back,payed Rs100/-, and then just completely enjoyed such artistic displays. Rush is moderate, so it's quite comfortable to roam around and click pics.Actually, it's location is a bit in the interiors of the city,so rush isn't an issue. It took me around 3.5 hrs to complete the museum tour. If you are an ancient lover and interested in "never seen before" things, go to this location...You definitely won't regret.
This is amazing place for old memories . At this place so much objects , old age memories since 1800bc are capture by this place.. Old age musical instrument is one of the point of attraction. Hand made metal kitchen wear are their.. Natural colour picture poster on leather are the attractive art of this place . Visit at least one time to know the art of ancient age. Charge of entry is 50 rs.
All QuestionsRaja dinkar kelkar museum
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal