Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum1555 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1377-78, NatuBaug, Off. Bajirao Road, ShukrawarPeth, Pune - 411 002, Maharashtra, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2024482101
- Ticket Price: 50 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Raja Dinkar Kelkar museum ismine of Beautiful, fascinating Indian artefacts. It is an ode to his dead son by a father who found such a unique way to mourn the loss of his loved one. This peculiar museum is on every traveller’s list who visits Pune. It offers a ride down the memory lane, in the old golden days of this country.
The Raja Dinkar Kelkar museum is a one collection of objects that mirror the daily life of India. It was put together by Dr.D.G.Kelkar who travelled all over the country extensively for over 60 years.
He dedicated his work to his late son Raja who had died in a tragic accident. The museum was donated to the Maharashtra government by him in 1975. Only 2500 of all the artefacts are on display for the common visitor.
The three storey building houses around 20000 quirk pan Indian art objects. Lot of hookah pipes, writing instruments, lamps, textiles, toys, entire doors and windows, jewellery, kitchen utensils, furniture, puppets, betel-nut cutters and an amazing gallery of musical instruments can be seen at this museum. It is a testimony to a man’s creative spirit and obsession with art.
If you have a few hours to spare, a visit to here is highly recommended. Museum enthusiasts are fascinated by this place as it offers a glimpse in the private lives of people from a different time that we don’t think about anymore.
What makes this museum worth a visit is that it celebrates the common man like you and me.
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Travel Tips
- Wanderers, Heritage enthusiasts will find this place very exciting.
- Carry a camera with you although using a flash is not allowed.
- Do not touch any artefacts.
- Read a bit on Indian lifestyle to get a hang of the museum.
- Alternate phone no. is + 91 20 2446 1556, + 91 20 2447 44 66.
Entrance Ticket Details For Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
- INR 10 for children below 12 years.
- INR 50 for adults above 12 years.
- INR 200 for Foreigners (adults).
- INR 50 for Foreigners (children).
- Museum entry is free for the Blind and the Disabled.
How to Reach Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
- Shanipar bus stop
- Bhikardas Maruti Bus Stop
- SP Biryani House
- Ganraj Pure veg
- Maratha Kolhapur Darbar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pune before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pune and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Address: 1377-78, NatuBaug, Off. Bajirao Road, ShukrawarPeth, Pune - 411 002, Maharashtra, India
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Contact Number: +91-2024482101
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum Price: 50 INR
- Best time to visit Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum(preferred time): 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.19% of people who visit Pune include Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
52.2% of people start their Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
63.52% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
People normally club together Dagdusheth Ganpati and Laxmi Road while planning their visit to Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum.