Astron Shipwreck, Punta Cana
About Astron Shipwreck, Punta Cana
Astron Shipwreck, Punta Cana - Address
Address: Carretera El Macao - Arena Gorda s/n Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 9.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Waterfront, Water Sport, Scuba
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1957, this French built oil tanker ran aground in 1978 in Punta Cana. This resulted in a massive oil spill. The ship was 127 metres long and had a depth of 15 meters. The ship is visible near the Bahia Principia Hotel in Punta Cana. It makes for a great landmark and an exciting dive for scuba divers. You can even watch it from the comfort of the beach.
Astron Shipwreck Information
- If you are not an experienced diver, take a guide along with you on your dive.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Punta Cana before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Punta Cana and book an accommodation of your choice.
Astron Shipwreck, Punta Cana Reviews - Write a Review
Nice easy diving. Max depth 18 m.
Nice wreck, easy to get too.
Its nearly gone now but its a great monument
Loved it. Saw a small shark (probably a carribean reef shark) hunting at the bottom of the wreck. I also saw a stingray, lion fish and many beautiful tropical fish. Diving a wreck is an amazing experience. I definitely recommend it!
Had a great time. A must see.
- Nearby Attractions
- Dreams Palm Beach Resort & Spa Punta Cana All Inclusive
- Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real
- Punta Cana Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Punta Cana
- What to See in 48 Hours in Punta Cana
- What to See in 72 Hours in Punta Cana
- How to Spend 5 Days in Punta Cana
- How to Spend 6 Days in Punta Cana
- How to Spend 7 Days in Punta Cana