How to Reach Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
The Easiest Way to Reach Punta Cana
- By Air: A number of American airlines have scheduled flights to Punta Cana airport because of its popularity with US travelers. There are charter flights available from the big cities in Canada. If you don’t already have your hotel picking you up at the airport, you can hire a cab from the airport to drop you to your resort. Do remember that if you’re not a Dominican citizen, you will have to buy a 10$ ticket upon arrival at the airport.
- By Car: If you’re already in the country, you can drive down from the recently constructed highway that starts from La Romana and goes up to Punta Cana.
- By Taxi: Taxis are a convenient mode of transport for your Punta Cana excursions. They work on standard rates and are available near most hotels. In any case, you can always ask the bellman to call you a cab.
- By Bus: Local buses are convenient and cheap. They run around on most routes and also give you a taste of the local life. They are a bit infrequent so don’t completely rely on this mode of transport if you want reach somewhere in a hurry.
- By Rent-a-car: For those of you who want it their way, this is a great mode of transportation. There are a number of car rental agencies that you could access from your hotel. Do remember though, the driving laws and habits are different in this country.
Are you looking for a Punta Cana travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Punta Cana
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Punta Cana. The most preferred mode of transport in Punta Cana is Working from Home.
How to Reach Punta Cana from Nearby Cities
|Bávaro to Punta Cana||11.54 km||11 mins|
|Acuario Nacional República Dominicana to Punta Cana||164.87 km||2 hours 44 mins|
|Santo Domingo to Punta Cana||185.88 km||1 hour 43 mins|
|Corozal to Punta Cana||227.68 km||3 hours 47 mins|
|San Juan to Punta Cana||252.58 km||4 hours 12 mins|
- How to reach Los Limones
- How to reach Samana
- How to reach Cotui
- How to reach Moncion
- How to reach Higuey
- How to reach San Pedro De Macoris