Puri is India’s one of most sacred places being one of the char dhams of the Hindu pilgrimage places. Nestled picturesquely on the coast of the Bay of Bengal, Purihas paints some of India’s most mesmerizing sunsets on its glorious golden beaches. Drenches in spirituality and religious practices, Puri will bring you closer to tranquillityand calmness. With a lot to do, other than temple-hopping, Puri is a pleasant delight with Royal Enfield rentals and colonial buildings.
What put this quaint town on the world map is the Shri Jagannath Temple and Puri Beachand its immediacyto another beautiful temple town of Konark. Yes, and the Konark Sun Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site! Puri offers you opportunities to reclinein the iconic Indian heritage architecture of the humble state of Odisha. Rightly so, Puri is the spiritual capital of Odisha.
The surrounding verdant vegetation is home to some of the most exquisite bird and wildlife and even aquatic species. Puri will embrace you with its purity beautiful juxtaposing its much vibrance.
Essential travel information and Puri tips for your visit
- Time Zone: IST (Indian Standard Time) GMT+5:30
- Currency: Currency used in Puri is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: India uses 230 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have grounded / earthed 3 Pin connections (Type D) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet: 3G, Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Puri is Hindi.
- Security: Police: Police: 100, 231455, Fire: 101, Ambulance: 233614
- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Refrain from getting overfriendly with strangers. Do not get too personal with people like taxi drivers, auto drivers, tourist guides, etc.
- Keep all your cash and valuables under lock and key in your hotel room. Avoid carrying and exhibiting them in busy streets.
- Do not enter temples with footwear.
- Be modestly dressed.
- Check for photography prohibitions, before you click.