Baliharachandi TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Sipasurubili, Odisha 752011, Puri, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Baliharachandi Temple, Puri
This is one of the rare temples in Puri where Goddess Durga is worshipped. Located on a sandy hill, the surrounding beauty of the temple will seduce you spend few hours over there. Added to this, the entire boundary of the temple is dotted with big trees which makes the temple premise look cool and peaceful. Locals believe that the temple being located near the sea, protects the boatsman and fisherman when they confront danger in the sea.
The most unique fact about this temple is its prasad. Most of the other temples in Puriusually follow vegetarian menu when it comes to God’s prasad. Unlike here, fish is offered to the goddess. These fishes are usually of 20 feet long and they are not bought from the market. Rather, they are dead fishes that comes daily near the sea shore.
Baliharachandi Temple Information
- Follow the Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Try to visit the temple during arti timings to watch the ritual.
- Pay respect to the rituals.
- Be decently dressed.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
Baliharachandi Temple Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Baliharachandi Temple by Public Transport
- By hired car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Puri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Baliharachandi Temple Map
Baliharachandi Temple, Puri Reviews
All QuestionsBaliharachandi temple
- Riverview Terrace Playground
- Town-Franklinville Town Hall
- Mt Nebo Baptist Church
- Bethel Baptist Church
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Timberlake Community Church
- First United Methodist Church
- Wind City Church
- Franciscan Sisters Of The Sacred Heart
- Firestine Park
- Lutheran Campus Ministry
- Pleasant Valley Nature Park
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints
- Signature Flight Support
- Arram Railway Station