Narendra TankCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Puri, Odisha 752001, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Water Body, Landmark, Family And Kids
Narendra Tank - Review
Settled on the north-east side of Jagannath temple, this religious pond is considered as an important landmark in Puri. Come in the month of June and July and you can see the religious procession ChandanYatra festival, that takes place from Sri Jagannath temple to this pond. In this yatra, the three deity of Jagannath temple are brought outside to the pond to clean them with sandalwood paste. It is then followed by a boat ride called “Chapa Khela”. Hundreds of visitors come over here to witness this elaborate religious ritual.
If you are keen in seeing such rituals, visit this pond during the mentioned months.
Narendra Tank Information
- Follow the Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Be decently dressed.
- Don’t litter around the pond.
Narendra Tank Opening and Closing Hours
- The temple Narendra Pushkarini has different timings. Ask the authorities about the details.
How To reach Narendra Tank by Public Transport
- By hired car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Puri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Narendra Tank
94.24% of people who visit Puri include Narendra Tank in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
34.74% of people start their Narendra Tank visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Narendra Tank
93.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Narendra Tank