Narendra TankCurrently Open
- Address: Puri, Odisha 752001, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Water Body, Landmark, Family And Kids
Settled on the north-east side of Jagannath temple, this religious pond is considered as an important landmark in Puri. Come in the month of June and July and you can see the religious procession ChandanYatra festival, that takes place from Sri Jagannath temple to this pond. In this yatra, the three deity of Jagannath temple are brought outside to the pond to clean them with sandalwood paste. It is then followed by a boat ride called “Chapa Khela”. Hundreds of visitors come over here to witness this elaborate religious ritual.
If you are keen in seeing such rituals, visit this pond during the mentioned months.
Narendra Tank Travel Tips
- Follow the Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Be decently dressed.
- Don’t litter around the pond.
Narendra Tank Hours
- The temple Narendra Pushkarini has different timings. Ask the authorities about the details.
How to Reach Narendra Tank
- By hired car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Puri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puri and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.3% of people who visit Puri include Narendra Tank in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
34.48% of people start their Narendra Tank visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Narendra Tank
92.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Narendra Tank
People normally club together Shunya Bhajana Pitha Of Mahapurusha Achyutananda Das and Shri Jagannath Temple while planning their visit to Narendra Tank.