About Narendra Tank, Puri
Settled on the north-east side of Jagannath temple, this religious pond is considered as an important landmark in Puri. Come in the month of June and July and you can see the religious procession ChandanYatra festival, that takes place from Sri Jagannath temple to this pond. In this yatra, the three deity of Jagannath temple are brought outside to the pond to clean them with sandalwood paste. It is then followed by a boat ride called “Chapa Khela”. Hundreds of visitors come over here to witness this elaborate religious ritual.
If you are keen in seeing such rituals, visit this pond during the mentioned months.
Narendra Tank Information
- Follow the Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Be decently dressed.
- Don’t litter around the pond.
Narendra Tank Opening and Closing Hours
- The temple Narendra Pushkarini has different timings. Ask the authorities about the details.
How To Get To Narendra Tank by Public Transport
- By hired car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Puri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate Narendra Tank, Puri
- Other Attractions
- Kemeralti Market
- Saat Kulesi Or Izmir Clock Tower
- Ephesus Archaeological Museum
- Konak Square
- Izmir Wildlife Park
- The Agora
- Archaeological Museum
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Kemeralti Market
- Cheap Hotels Near Saat Kulesi Or Izmir Clock Tower
- Budget Hotels Near Asansor
- Hotels Near Kordonboyu
- Luxury Hotels Near Alsancak
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Ephesus Archaeological Museum
- 5 Star Hotels Near Konak Square
- Luxury Hotels Near Izmir Wildlife Park
- Cheap Hotels Near The Agora
- Budget Hotels Near Archaeological Museum
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Hyderabad, Kochi, Hampi, Munnar, Kanyakumari, Puducherry, Puri, Konark, Ooty, Kannur
- Trip to Pune, Agra, Panaji, Jaipur, Kolkata, Puri
- Trip to Sydney, Puri, Phuket, Bali
- Trip to Leh, Mumbai, Agra, Panaji, Jaipur, Delhi, Puri, Chennai, Varanasi
- Trip to Mumbai, Agra, Delhi, Port Blair, Puri
- Trip to Leh, Mumbai, Agra, Panaji, Delhi, Gangtok, Amritsar, Port Blair, Puri, Varanasi
- Trip to Puri
- Discover Agra and Puri in 1 week
- Trip to Leh, Mumbai, Agra, Delhi, Puri
- Trip to Puri