Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir, PuriCurrently Open
- Address: Badasirei, Puri, Odisha 752002, India
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir, Puri
This beautiful temple is not so big as compare to Sri Jagannath temple, yet it is worth visit. Dedicated to Lord Gauranga, this temple is located on Chakratirtha Road. The best part of this temple is its ambience. It is peaceful and is devoid of too many priests who will compel you to pay them for offering prayer to the deity. Another unique fact is the deity in this temple is made of gold. This is something you need to look for.
Religious believer or not, this temple will definitely amuse you with its serene beauty. If possible, try to have their delicious afternoon Prasad.
Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir Information
- Camera is strictly prohibited inside the temple .
- Follow the Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Observe absolute silence inside the temple.
- Be decently dressed.
- The temple might be closed in the afternoon for lunch break.
Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir Opening and Closing Hours
- Ask the authorities about the temple opening timing beforehand.
How To reach Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir by Public Transport
- Nearby railway station: Puri railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Puri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sri Sri Sonar Gouranga Mandir, Puri Reviews
It is Bengali temple in the heart of the city of Puri dedicated to the sevak of Lord Jagannath, Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu who hailed from Nabadwip, Nadia in Bengal and who left his life here at Swargadwar for worshiping Lord Vishnu. The life of this spiritual leader's life is celebrated with his golden idol in this temple.
Quite peaceful. Very blissful.
One of the famous place in Puri.
Food is awesome and also peaceful place
Small, beautiful & divine place for worship