Varahi Deula TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Chaurashi, Odisha 752120, India, Puri Map
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Nestled on the bank of river Prachi, this small yet elegant temple deserves your visit. It was built in 9th century and has Kalinga style architectural design. Take a tour into this temple to admire such brilliant architectural work which is preserved still today.
Here, Goddess Varahi is worshipped. The deity of Varahi is different. It is pot-bellied goddess with a face of a boar. Tantric ritual is followed to worship the goddess.
The best part of this temple is it is devoid of too many priests. Hence, you can enjoy your own soulful time and offer your prayer without getting bothered much.
Varahi Deula Temple Travel Tips
- Follow the Hindu rituals like leaving your shoes outside the temple.
- Pay respect to the rituals.
- Be decently dressed.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
Varahi Deula Temple Hours
- Check the opening hours of the temple from authorities.
How to Reach Varahi Deula Temple
- By hired car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Puri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puri and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Varahi Deula Temple Address: Chaurashi, Odisha 752120, India, Puri
- Time required to visit Varahi Deula Temple: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.23% of people who visit Puri include Varahi Deula Temple in their plan
50% of people start their Varahi Deula Temple visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Varahi Deula Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Varahi Deula Temple