Pap Mochani Temple, Pushkar
About Pap Mochani Temple, Pushkar
Pap Mochani Temple, Pushkar - Address
Address: Pushkar, India
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Added 4.9K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Pap Mochini temple in Pushkar is located on the Northern peak of the city. This is considered to be the sacred temple of Hindus where all sins are absolved. The temple is dedicated to “Gayatri” the Gujjar girl whom Brahma married to perform a Yagna instead of waiting for his wife Savitri. The temple is also known as Gayatri Peeth. The temple offers the most spectacular and panoramic view of Pushkar Town. There is also a mythological association to this temple. Lord Krishna once cursed Ashwathama, a character in the Indian Epic, Mahabharata, to roam about in the earth for Three Thousand Years. In order to seek salvation, his soul comes to the Pap Mochini Temple in Rajasthan once in a year.
Pap Mochani Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Hindu temples are usually open for the visitors from dawn to dusk with 1 hour of closure at afternoon.
- The best time to visit this temple would be between 8 am - 4 pm.
How To reach Pap Mochani Temple by Public Transport
- Take a car and then a trek towards this temple.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pushkar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pushkar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pap Mochani Temple, Pushkar Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Dharma - Camel Safari Pushkar
- Sri Raghunatha Swamy Temple
- Pushkar Royal Camp | Pari Desert Camp, Pushkar
- Hotel Kishan Palace
- Diggi Bazzar Road
- Prem Villas
- Pushkar Resorts
- Inn Seventh Heaven
- Aaram Baagh Pushkar
- Pushkar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Pushkar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Pushkar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Pushkar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Pushkar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Pushkar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Pushkar