This is one fair in India that is completely dedicated to the land of Pushkar. Infact Pushkar city is seen as synonymous with Pushkar Mela, one that attracts a number of tourists’ very year, both from India and abroad. This fair is marked with taking a plunge into the sacred lake of Pushkar, pay obeisance at the Brahma temple and then watching the cattle display here. As you visit this fair you shall come across the varied hues of the land of Rajasthan and get acquainted with its rich culture.
Vignettes of Rajasthani culture that you can witness here are:
- Local tribes jazz the aura with organizing traditional dances and songs and invite visitors to participate in the live show against the beautiful backdrop of Pushkar Fort and the Pushkar Brahma temple.
- Besides, the interactive sessions, you can also witness the world largest camel fair. Around 50, 000 camels are showcased every year for the purpose of race and exhibition. The camels are made attractive with embroidered cloth tailored in intricate mirror work.
- Other fun-filled activities on Pushkar fair are puppet shows, cattle fair, shopping and competitions of indifferent themes. These events are organized in open air near the number of shops that display ethic jewelery, dresses and household items. The collections lures fashionistas and compel them buy some to take back home.
This fair takes place around November every year.
Pushkar Camel Fair Travel Tips
- During the fair, accommodation prices in Pushkar can be up to 10 times the normal rate. Dozens of tented tourist camps are erected around town for the fair, but you will still need to book a bed well ahead of time.
- For the dates of Pushkar Mela, refer to the website.
How to Reach Pushkar Camel Fair
- Hire a taxi from Pushkar city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pushkar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pushkar and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Pushkar include Pushkar Camel Fair in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.82% of people start their Pushkar Camel Fair visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Pushkar Camel Fair
74.19% of people prefer walking in order to reach Pushkar Camel Fair