The Ranganath Venugopal Temple
- Address: Pushkar, India
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Ranganath Venugopal Temple - Review
This temple is also known as the old Rang-Jee temple and was built in 1844 by Seth Puranmal Ganeriwal of Lakshmangarh of Shehawati. The main deity of the temple is the four armed Venugopala (Krishna) made out of the Black Kadappa stone from Tamil Nadu , surrounded by the statues of Ruhkmani and Satyabhama. Apart from its religious significance, this temple is also a beautiful piece of architecture which is a combination of the Gopurams and the Shikharas highlighting the South Indian tradition and the usual “jharokhas” that highlight the Rajasthani form of architecture.
The entire temple complex is enclosed by a fortified wall decorated by chhatris and jharokhas with fresco paintings. The major themes of the paintings and carvings in the outer Parikrama are religious and mythological stories such as Krishna Leela, Ramayana, Sagarmanthan and other puranic texts.
The Ranganath Venugopal Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Hindu temples are usually open for the visitors from dawn to dusk with 1 hour of closure at afternoon.
- The best time to visit this temple would be between 8 am- 6 pm.
How To reach The Ranganath Venugopal Temple by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Station: Chyavanashram Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pushkar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pushkar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Ranganath Venugopal Temple
95% of people who visit Pushkar include The Ranganath Venugopal Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.08% of people start their The Ranganath Venugopal Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Ranganath Venugopal Temple
80.84% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Ranganath Venugopal Temple
The Ranganath Venugopal Temple Map
The Ranganath Venugopal Temple Trips
The Ranganath Venugopal Temple, Pushkar Reviews
All QuestionsThe ranganath venugopal temple
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows