Are you looking for what to do in Pushkar?
PLACES TO SEE
- Pushkar Lake: One of the most important attractions in Pushkar that holds historical and religious importance as well. It is surrounded by many temples and has various ghats around it where devotees take a holy dip.
- Brahma Temple: The most important temple in Pushkar as it is the only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma in India. Devotees offer their prayers to the four headed statue of Lord Brahma which was inaugurated by Maharaja Jai Sing of Jaipur in 18th Century.
- Varaha Temple: One of the oldest temple in Pushkar, it is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and it worships his Varaha avatar to kill Hiranakashyap.
- Paap Mochini Temple: The temple dedicated to Goddess Gayatri, also known as Gayatri Peeth, is believed to free the devotees from their sins. Climb to the temple is worth the views it offers, especially at sunrise.
- Apteshwar Temple: An underground temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Some of the other places to visit in Pushkar: Chamunda Temple, Old Pushkar Lake and Gurudwara Singh Sabha. And places to visit near Pushkar are Ajmer which is just 11 kilometers away and Merta, although a little farther, is home to the famous Charbhuja Temple.
THINGS TO DO
- Shopping: Pushkar has a lot to offer even to the shopper in you! The main places/ bazaar are Sarafa Bazaar, Baza Bazaar, Sadar Bazaar and Kedalganj Bazaar. Go Splurge!
- Participate in Pushkar Camel Fair: This fair is marked with taking a plunge into the sacred lake of Pushkar, pay obeisance at the Brahma temple and then watching the cattle display here.
- Pushkar Camel Safari Tour: While you are here, contact any safari tour operators who will offer you both half-day and full-day itineraries to explore the desert on the camelback. The safari tour takes you to many villages through the desert and by sunset, you will find yourself on the sand dunes, a perfect place to be at that time of the day.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pushkar and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pushkar getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pushkar with confidence.