Grotta Di San Michele In Monte Laureto18 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 70017 Putignano, Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy Map
- Phone: +39-3389987334
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Cave, Family And Kids
Grotta di San Michele in Monte Laureto is a unique place of worship located in the city of Bari. It is a church situated inside a cave, and is a holy pilgrimage destination for catholic devotees. The structure is carved entirely out of rock and its exquisite beauty lies in its simplicity. The highlight of this place is the intricate fresco decorating it that dates back to the Byzantine period. It is surrounded by a lush forest and has a calm ambiance. This place used to be a residence for monks in the 16th century. It is open to the public on a few days every year.
More about Putignano
Create a flawless plan, make use of Putignano trip planner.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Putignano like Hotel La Vetta Europa, Hotel Masseria Serritella and Hotel Cavaliere.
Generate executable plans on your own or book the top rated Putignano vacation packages for your visit. Read more on how to reach Putignano.
How to Reach Grotta Di San Michele In Monte Laureto
- Train L1 to stop at Putignano in Monte Laureto.
- Grotta Di San Michele In Monte Laureto Address: 70017 Putignano, Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy
- Grotta Di San Michele In Monte Laureto Contact Number: +39-3389987334
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!