How to Reach Qingdao
HOW TO GET TO QINGDAO
- By Air: Qingdao Liuting International Airport has flights to several Chinese destinations including Shanghai and Beijing as well as international cities like Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Frankfurt, Busan, Taipei and Hong Kong. The city is about 32 minute taxi ride from the airport. Shuttle buses also help you reach the city on frequent intervals.
- By Train: There are both Long distance and Short distance trains towards Qingdao railway station from various Chinese cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Harbin, Jian, Nanjing, Xian, Guangzhou, Guilin, Chengdu, Taishan, etc.
- By Ferry: Ferries are available from international destinations like Incheon in South Korea and Shimonoseki in Japan.
- By Bus: Buses run on a frequent basis from different regions in the Shandong area.
HOW TO GET AROUND QINGDAO
- By Bus/Trolleybus: The bus and trolleybus facilities are well spread around the city. The ticket prices start at 1 Yuan for regular buses, 2 for the air-conditioned and can go up to 6 Yuan depending on the distance travelled.
- By Metro: Qingdao metro stretches about more than 25 kilometres with 22 train stations that connect the important parts in the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis run around the city starting with a minimum fare of 9 Yuan for the normal ones and 12 Yuan for the larger ones, with an addition of 1 Yuan due to the petrol hike
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Qingdao. The most preferred mode of transport in Qingdao is Car.
Average distance: 33 km Average time: 42.5 min
Car 100%Driving 42.5 min Overall average time for 33 kms 42.5 min