May Fourth SquareCurrently Open
- Address: 35 Donghai W Rd, Shinan, Qingdao, Shandong, China Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +86532-83886355
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Square, Family And Kids
This is a large square in Qingdao’s Central Business District and is located between the Municipal Government Building and Fushan Bay. This encompasses the Shizhengting Square, Coastal Park and the Central Square. It is named after the famous May Fourth Movement that originated from Qingdao.
The most important feature of this place is the unique “May Wind” sculpture. It is bright red in color that resembles a burning flame and means the bright future of the city. There is also a beautiful fountain just in front of it. In the evening the whole sculpture is lit up and it looks like a flaming torch.
The place is surrounded by the city government to the North, sea to the side and residential buildings on the remaining the sides. On a pleasant day, this place is filled with young couples who sit and spend time together and the view of the sky full of colourful kites is blissful.
May Fourth Square Travel Tips
- This place is opened 24 hours and is a good place for some good morning and evening walk.
Entrance Ticket Details For May Fourth Square
- Free Entry.
How to Reach May Fourth Square
- Bus no. 25, 31, 104, 202, 231, 304, 311, 316, 318, 321, 374, 501, or 801get off at City Hall station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Qingdao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Qingdao and book an accommodation of your choice.
- May Fourth Square Address: 35 Donghai W Rd, Shinan, Qingdao, Shandong, China
- May Fourth Square Contact Number: +86532-83886355
- May Fourth Square Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit May Fourth Square(preferred time): 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit May Fourth Square: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
67.61% of people who visit Qingdao include May Fourth Square in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.71% of people start their May Fourth Square visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see May Fourth Square
93.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting May Fourth Square
People normally club together Badaguan Scenic Resort and Qingdao Beer Museum while planning their visit to May Fourth Square.