Polar Ocean World, Qingdao
Polar Ocean World - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 60 Dong Hai Dong Lu, Laoshan Qu, Qingdao Shi, Shandong Sheng, China, 266000
Ticket Price: 120 CNY
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 1.1K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Food And Drinks, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Schedule your trip plan using this trip builder
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Polar Ocean World, Qingdao
This is the “1stDolphinarium of the Chinese Mainland” where you can find a variety of North Pacific Bottle neck dolphins, California Sea Lions, harbor seals and thousands of ornamental and salt water fishes. Situated on the southern end of the Shilaoren National Tourist Resort, this place also encompasses restaurants, accommodation, travel and shopping options.
The most important attractions here are the reef fish aquarium’s column design. Apart from these there are also whales, sharks, polar bears, walruses, king penguins and the recent addition of 5 arctic wolves from the Czech Republic. The Polar Ocean World has a polar Marine Animals’ Center, Marine Science & Technology Center, bar and casual dining street, Marinescape Street, hotels and fishermen’s wharf.
Polar Ocean World Ticket Prices
- Children: RMB 60
- Yearly pass: RMB 265
- Polar Museum + Happy Theatre: RMB 150
- Polar Museum + Happy Theatre (children 1.2m to 1.4m): RMB 75
- Children under 1.2m: FREE
Polar Ocean World Opening and Closing Hours
- Performance of marine animals: 9:40 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- Performance of mermaid: 9:20 AM, 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM
- Performance of polar scenery: 9:10 AM, 10:00 AM, 10:40 AM and 11:40AM
- Performance of feeding animals: 10:20 AM and 2:40 PM
- Performance of walrus: 10:20 AM and 2:40 PM
- Performance of Sea otter: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM
- Performance of Beluga: 9:40 AM, 11:20 AM, 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM
How To reach Polar Ocean World by Public Transport
- Bus no. 11, 102, 104, 317, 501 till WangjiaMaidao
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Qingdao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Qingdao and book an accommodation of your choice.
Polar Ocean World, Qingdao Reviews
Nice and clean 3 levels in the main building which is spacious for all the wild sea animals but the facility itself is a bit outdated. Lots shops along the road are closed even it is still around the end of summer. Shows are nice but the sound system isn’t that good, hard to hear sometimes.
Very nice place for weekend fun
This park buys its dolphins and false killer whales from the Taiji drive hunts, animals are dying horrible deaths because you buy tickets to see them. DONT VISIT ANY PARK WHO BUY DOLPHINS FROM JAPAN
Overcrowded and unethical
女儿很喜欢 可以看海洋生物 企鹅 白鲸 海豚 北极熊 海狮 海豹 各种鱼，门口还有一片海 有小沙滩 海鸥，附近还有休闲娱乐的地方，感觉很棒