Qingdao Catholic Church230 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 15 Zhejiang Rd, Shinan, Qingdao, Shandong, China Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86532-82865960
- Ticket Price: 8 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Qingdao Catholic a.k.a. Zhejiang Road Catholic Church is a beautiful cathedral that was established in 1934 and is circled by an equally beautiful lawn and garden area. It was designed by a famous German architect in Gothic and Romanesque style.
The church is built in yellow granite and is curved into a very simple model. The magical environment is immensely calm and soothing to the mind. A visit to this place acts as a refreshment in itself. The church has large semi circular arch windows and a lovely rose window above the entrance. There are 2 bell towers with 4 heavy bells the sound of which can be heard from miles away. The main hall is the most beautiful and can hold about a thousand people at the same time.
The church was closed down in 1960 and reopened in 1982. Since then it holds regular services and functions following the Christmas calendar. The main events are Easter and Christmas.
Qingdao Catholic Church Travel Tips
- The more popular or the English name of this church is the St. Michael’s Church.
How to Reach Qingdao Catholic Church
- Bus 301, 305 and 320 to the station of Catholic Church or take Bus 1 and 367 to the station of Hushui Road.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Qingdao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Qingdao and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Qingdao Catholic Church Address: 15 Zhejiang Rd, Shinan, Qingdao, Shandong, China
- Qingdao Catholic Church Contact Number: +86532-82865960
- Qingdao Catholic Church Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Qingdao Catholic Church Price: 8 CNY
- Best time to visit Qingdao Catholic Church(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Qingdao Catholic Church: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
40.71% of people who visit Qingdao include Qingdao Catholic Church in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Qingdao Catholic Church visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Qingdao Catholic Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qingdao Catholic Church
People normally club together Qingdao Underwater World and May Fourth Square while planning their visit to Qingdao Catholic Church.