La Citadelle2074 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Cote de la Citadelle, Quebec, QC G1R 3R2, Canada Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 418-6942815
- Ticket Price: 10 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Battlefield, Walking Area, Historical Site, Performance, Fort, Military Area , Heritage Building
North America’s largest fort, the Citadelle was built under the leadership of the duke of Wellington in anticipation of an attack from the Americans after the war of 1812; by the time the construction was completed the attacks had stopped for quite some time. Since then, the fort has been served as a base for military and is still occupied by troops, even today.
The exterior of the fort, reminiscent of a star shaped fortress was declared a national historic site and is home to Quebec’s Royall 22e Regiment. You can only visit through a guided tour, which provides access to the citadel, its 25 buildings, a museum that is housed within the former powder house and the prisons.
From the last week of June until the first Monday of September, there is an elaborate Changing of the Guard Ceremony that goes on for 45 minutes.
Entrance Ticket Details For La Citadelle
- Students and Senior citizens- CAD $9 and children (7-17 years)- USD 5.50.
- Children under 7 years of age are entitled to free entry.
La Citadelle Hours
- Bilingual tours available from November to March 1:30 pm onwards.
How to Reach La Citadelle
- Boul. Champlain / au 101 (bus stop)
- Bello Ristorante
- Le Saint-Amour
- Restaurant L'omelette
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Quebec before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Quebec and book an accommodation of your choice.
- La Citadelle Address: 1 Cote de la Citadelle, Quebec, QC G1R 3R2, Canada
- La Citadelle Contact Number: 418-6942815
- La Citadelle Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- La Citadelle Price: 10 CAD
- Best time to visit La Citadelle(preferred time): 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit La Citadelle: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
80.48% of people who visit Quebec include La Citadelle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
85.39% of people start their La Citadelle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see La Citadelle
83.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Citadelle
People normally club together Parliament Building and Quartier Du Petit Champlain while planning their visit to La Citadelle.