Manu BayCurrently Open
- Address: Manu Bay, Raglan, New Zealand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Sport, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Boating
Arguably the most famous spot in Raglan, Manu Bay was featured in the much-loved surfer movie The Endless Summer. It is also the venue for many international surfing competitions due to long, consistent and accessible breaks. A huge attraction for surfers, the place is also appreciated by visitors of all ages and interests. Amazingly beautiful and rich in vegetation, the Manu Bay is perfect for boating, fishing or a peaceful walk on the beach.
- The currents are strong in the bay and beginners are not advised to surf here.
- Since Manu Bay is serviced by just one bus, it is highly recommended that you hire a taxi from Raglan Taxi or a shuttle from Raglan Shuttles, in case your hotel does not provide a fee shuttle service.
- Although the place has a good scattering of beach shops, the closest restaurants are in Raglan, just 4 miles away.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Raglan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raglan and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.02% of people who visit Raglan include Manu Bay in their plan
65.91% of people start their Manu Bay visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Manu Bay
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Manu Bay
Awesome place to chill and have fun, surf and walk. Some days have surf rescue at the beach.
So good! Great views and left hand surf break. Easy parking.
Waves were good
Nice place to stop and enjoy the view.
Good surf location