Mount Karioi266 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mt. Karioi, Raglan, New Zealand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Observatory, Educational Site, Volcano
Once an active volcano, Kairoi is long extinct, but supports a wide variety of plants, birds, reptiles and other animal lives, unique to New Zealand. With a bit of keen sight visitors can see the gradual transformation of the dense rainforest into the windblown mountain flora. The trek to the summit is rather steep, but the mountain side has been installed with chains and ladders to aid the climbers. There is a lookout for visitors to take in the stunning views and a further 1-hour trek takes them to the summit. Visitors can also explore the nearby Te Toto Gorge where ruins of Maori gardens can still be spotted.
Mount Karioi Travel Tips
- The ascent is rather steep and a certain level of fitness is expected from climbers.
- Visitors are advised to carry a bottle of water and wear closed shoes.
- Pets are not allowed on the trails.
How to Reach Mount Karioi
- Shuttles or taxis can be booked from Raglan.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Raglan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raglan and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.34% of people who visit Raglan include Mount Karioi in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
36.36% of people start their Mount Karioi visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mount Karioi
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Karioi