Raglan MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Raglan Museum, 15 Wainui Road, Raglan, Waikato, New Zealand
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: 07-8258925
- Ticket Price: 2 NZD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
A plain, minimalist building in the centre of Raglan, the Raglan Museum showcases the local history and Maori sculptures. The exhibits provide an intimate insight into the daily lives of the settlers, with everyday objects such as a wooden telephone, vintage kerosene pumps and lamps, as well as photographs and diaries from the World War II era.
- Children - $1, Pre-schoolers - Free.
- The museum is open till 5 pm of weekends during the winter months.
- The summer hours of the museum are from 9 am to 7 pm on weekdays and 9:30 am to 6 pm on weekends.
- Although a bus service is available, it is very rudimentary and visitors are advised to book a taxi or shuttle.
- The Shack
- Zaragoza Restaurant & Cafe
- Raglan Roast
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Raglan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raglan and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.95% of people who visit Raglan include Raglan Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
54.55% of people start their Raglan Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Raglan Museum
91.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Raglan Museum
A real hidden gem in Raglan. Has quality exhibitions that covering the history of Raglan and the surrounding area. Upstairs is an exhibition covering Raglan's surfing history. Air conditioned so a great way to cool off on a hot summer's day.
Well worth a visit. Small but interesting
Lovely little museum