Te Toto GorgeCurrently Open
- Address: Te Toto Gorge, Waikato, New Zealand, Raglan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, View Point, Observatory, Nature
Formed by lava flow from Karioi, the Te Toto Gorge is a natural amphitheatre on the shore of Tasman Sea. The Maoris inhabited the area, cultivating the gorge with crops they brought along with them from Polynesia. The remnants of their stone gardens, such as stone rows, storage pits and plants that were once cultivated can still be seen at the site.
Te Toto Gorge Travel Tips
- The descent from the Mt. Karioi is rather steep and requires a certain level of fitness and expertise.
- Visitors are advised to carry a bottle of water and wear closed shoes.
- Pets are not allowed on the trails.
How to Reach Te Toto Gorge
- Shuttles or taxis can be booked from Raglan.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Raglan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raglan and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.67% of people who visit Raglan include Te Toto Gorge in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
48% of people start their Te Toto Gorge visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Te Toto Gorge
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Te Toto Gorge