North Carolina Museum Of Art, Raleigh
About North Carolina Museum Of Art, Raleigh
North Carolina Museum Of Art, Raleigh - Address, Phone Number
Address: 2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The North Carolina Museum of Art or the NCMA as it is called in short was started in 1956 to be the first major museum in the whole country that was established on State legislation and funding. The museum incorporates a collection of over 5000 years worth of artistic work from the ancient past to present, 40 galleries containing permanent and temporary exhibits, an amphitheater for outdoor performances and the country’s largest museum park which has many major works of art. Being admission free and hosting so many attractions inside, the museum is a must visit in your itinerary if you are slightly inclined towards the arts.
North Carolina Museum Of Art Information
- Photography is allowed only for personal, non commercial use.
- Tripods and video cameras not allowed.
- Tours are available for people with different disabilities.
North Carolina Museum Of Art Ticket Prices
- Admission to Museum is charged during Art in Bloom from April 7 – 10, 2016.
- There is a charge for some special exhibitions and programs like concerts, films, classes and performances.
- Guided tours are free of charge.
- Please refer to official website for more details.
North Carolina Museum Of Art Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum closed on some holidays.
- Museum park is open from dawn to dusk.
Iris restaurant, West building timings:
- Tuesday – Saturday: 11:30 am – 2pm
- Friday dinner: 5:30 am – 10 pm (last seating at 8:30 pm)
- Sunday: 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
Sip coffee bar timings:
- Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 4:30 pm
Daily Museum Tours:
- Tuesday – Friday: 1:30 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 11:30 am and 1:30 pm
How To reach North Carolina Museum Of Art by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bus 16 stops at Blue Ridge Rd at Forest View Rd bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Raleigh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raleigh and book an accommodation of your choice.
North Carolina Museum Of Art, Raleigh Reviews - Write a Review
Great way to spend a day! They have two main buildings. One building that has permanent collections (mostly older art) that is free! The other building has really interesting new art (and is constantly switching things out) that you have to pay for. There are always fun interactive exhibits for children. There is something for everyone here!
Outside museum is nice and clean. The art pieces are interesting. The inside of the museum is really nice! You're not allowed to have drinks or backpacks. There's more security than at a court house!
Went there after hours for a wedding. It's a very classy venue with amazing wedding planners!! Definitely consider this if you are getting married soon! The guests also get to access parts of the exhibitions for free after the ceremony :)
I've been here 4 times now. This museum is near many doctors offices, which is convenient for those of us traveling to appointments. There are free exhibits in one building and a building with exhibits you pay to see. We've only seen the free exhibits, as we don't have much time to walk through the exhibits each time we go. They have an outstanding collection here, with many pieces from the 1300s and before. They have pieces from Italian, Dutch, Flemish, and a few other collections. Their contemporary collections are outstanding as well. They have many new pieces. Love this place!!
This is an awesome museum, and to boot its free. Cant ask for more than that. Theres plenty of artwork to see, from wall mounted, 3D, and antiques that are excellent to look at. The trails outside has plenty to see too, with an observatory on site to spend time in.
- Nearby Attractions
- Crabtree Valley Avenue
- 2110 Blue Ridge Rd
- 1240 Farmers Market Dr
- Metro Diner
- Best Western Raleigh North-downtown
- Cococo Home
- Humble Pie
- Raleigh Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Raleigh
- What to See in 48 Hours in Raleigh
- What to See in 72 Hours in Raleigh
- How to Spend 5 Days in Raleigh
- How to Spend 6 Days in Raleigh
- How to Spend 7 Days in Raleigh