Pullen ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 408 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9199966468
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Park, Family And Kids
Pullen Park - Review
The Pullen Park in Raleigh is the oldest public park in North Carolina and 5th oldest amusement parks in US. The park was established in 1887 and is spread over an area of 66 acres. The park has a concessions stand, picnic area and several small rides like the Pullen Park Carousel, train and pedal boats to be ridden on the park’s own pond. The Pullen Aquatic Center, Pullen Arts Center and Theatre in the Park are also located within the premises. The park is an excellent place to have a few hours of complete fun and merrymaking.
Pullen Park Information
- Amusements hours depend on darkness or weather conditions.
- Tickets required for riders above 13 months.
- Riders 12 months and younger are free with a paying adult.
- Pullen park address - 520 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
- pullen park phone number - +1 919-996-6468.
- pullen park tickets are required for each ride in the Park.
- Most of the rides require 1 ticket, but pedal boat requires 6 tickets.
Pullen Park Ticket Prices
Pullen park prices -
- pullen park Carousel price: USD 1
- Miniature Train Ride: USD 1
- Kiddie Boat ride: USD 1
- Aquatic Center: for residents - USD 2.75, For visitors - USD 5.50
- Pullen park paddle boats cost: USD 6
Pullen Park Hours
Community Center timings:
- Monday – Friday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 3pm
- Sunday closed
Arts Center timings:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 1 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
- Monday – Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
How To reach Pullen Park by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bus 11, 300, 301 and 305 stop at Western Blvd at Ashe Ave bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Raleigh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raleigh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pullen Park
59.73% of people who visit Raleigh include Pullen Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.44% of people start their Pullen Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pullen Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pullen Park
Pullen Park Trips
Pullen Park, Raleigh Reviews
Great place to bring kids! We did the pedal boats, train ride, kids boat ride, and the carousel. Our two year old had a blast and it was very affordable. The cafe also had great options and was not too expensive. Wish we lived closer so we could come more often. But highly recommend. Very nice park.
This was awesome, we had so much fun. I brought my 2 year old son and mom. Such a cool place and I highly recommend it. The boats weren't working that day. The train is so much fun, kids love it. Lots to do for kids in terms of playgrounds and swings. Check it out if you haven't been.
We have memories of multiple generations of our family enjoying this park. Beautiful and fun. Not pricey either, we paid 45$ for grownups and 6 kids to ride the train, mini-boats (little kids only) and carousel twice. Paddleboats for the small pond available weekends and the walking paths are beautiful. You can easily spend a full afternoon here.
A good place to come to with your little ones. Ticket prices are very inexpensive for different rides. Train and carousel rides are only $2 each. The park has water rides as well but probably open on weekends. Check before you go. Free parking, ice cream parlor, different rides, ducks in the pond will definitely make your time enjoyable there.
What an amazing experience! How did I not know about this little gem tucked right inside Raleigh. It was beautiful, relaxing, and stress-free, because I didn't have to worry about spending a lot of money. The rides are so inexpensive, and there's not that many, so it doesn't even really add up quickly. It's just a nice way to spend a family afternoon. Will be back again and again, I am sure!