Pullen ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 408 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9199966468
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Park, Family And Kids
The Pullen Park in Raleigh is the oldest public park in North Carolina and 5th oldest amusement parks in US. The park was established in 1887 and is spread over an area of 66 acres. The park has a concessions stand, picnic area and several small rides like the Pullen Park Carousel, train and pedal boats to be ridden on the park’s own pond. The Pullen Aquatic Center, Pullen Arts Center and Theatre in the Park are also located within the premises. The park is an excellent place to have a few hours of complete fun and merrymaking.
- Amusements hours depend on darkness or weather conditions.
- Tickets required for riders above 13 months.
- Riders 12 months and younger are free with a paying adult.
- Pullen park address - 520 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
- pullen park phone number - +1 919-996-6468.
- pullen park tickets are required for each ride in the Park.
- Most of the rides require 1 ticket, but pedal boat requires 6 tickets.
Pullen park prices -
- pullen park Carousel price: USD 1
- Miniature Train Ride: USD 1
- Kiddie Boat ride: USD 1
- Aquatic Center: for residents - USD 2.75, For visitors - USD 5.50
- Pullen park paddle boats cost: USD 6
Community Center timings:
- Monday – Friday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 3pm
- Sunday closed
Arts Center timings:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 1 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
- Monday – Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
- By Bus: Bus 11, 300, 301 and 305 stop at Western Blvd at Ashe Ave bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Raleigh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raleigh and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.57% of people who visit Raleigh include Pullen Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.44% of people start their Pullen Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pullen Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pullen Park
What a great park! Beautiful in the fall. A train ride that goes around the grounds, a beautiful enclosed carousel and a giant playground nestled in manicured landscape and lakes/ponds filled with geese. Great photo ops. There's also an eatery.
Great place to take the family. The train is a lot of fun as is the Carousel. The paddle boats are cool too but those are not open all year. The only downside is it is often super busy and they do not have enough swings.
I have been to Durham many times. This time I decided to spend a few hours in Raleigh. I heard about this city park and spent about 45 minutes here. I like the fact that it is kind of wide open, with a beautiful pond (lake) in the middle of it. Plus, I thought it was cool because it also had a train station for the kiddies. I could see this as a great spot for a picnic. Go ahead, Raleigh.
It’s a beautiful park and tickets are available at great price $1.50 per person for per ride. There is no parking fee which makes it comfortable for parents to take their kids outside without hurting the budget. I would love to come again and would recommend to my family friends to visit this place once and they will not be disappointed.
How could anyone not give Pullen a five star rating?!? When my kids were small, we loved the train and boats. Now that they are a bit older, we stick mostly to the playgrounds and paddle boats. Great park with something for every age :)