Pullen Park, Raleigh
About Pullen Park, Raleigh
Pullen Park, Raleigh - Address, Phone Number
Address: 408 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Amusement Park, Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Pullen Park in Raleigh is the oldest public park in North Carolina and one of the oldest amusement parks in the whole country. The park was established in 1887 and is spread over an area of 66 acres. The park has a concessions stand, picnic area and several small rides like the Pullen Park Carousel, train and pedal boats to be ridden on the park’s own pond. The Pullen Aquatic Center, Pullen Arts Center and Theatre in the Park are also located within the premises. The park is an excellent place to have a few hours of complete fun and merrymaking.
Pullen Park Information
- Amusements hours depend on darkness or weather conditions.
- Tickets required for riders above 13 months.
- Riders 12 months and younger are free with a paying adult.
Pullen Park Ticket Prices
- Tickets are required for each ride in the Park.
- Price of 1 ticket: 1 USD
- Most of the rides require 1 ticket, but pedal boat requires 6 tickets.
Pullen Park Opening and Closing Hours
Community Center timings:
- Monday – Friday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 3pm
- Sunday closed
Arts Center timings:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 1 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
- Monday – Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
How To reach Pullen Park by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bus 11, 300, 301 and 305 stop at Western Blvd at Ashe Ave bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Raleigh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Raleigh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pullen Park, Raleigh Reviews - Write a Review
This park is beautiful and will definitely be a place we return to again and again. Our 7 year old is a train freak so we went for the train, it was just right. He gets scared when we visit full size trains because of the loud whistle but this train has a higher pitched softer toot. The park is very clean and affordable for larger families like ours. It's a great place to carry in a picnic, or you can purchase good quality food for about the same cost as a trip to a fast food place. I ordered a taco salad and they were happy to prepare it dairy free for me. The carousel is air conditioned and also not too loud for sensitive kids. We will be returning often.
Best park in town. Wonderful place for family gatherings. Lot of activities for Kids. My daughter loved the train, kids boat ride and carousel. Ticket priced at $1 (1 ticket/ride). There is a boat ride for adults, park is clean. Nice locations for photo shoot. Must visit in Raleigh area.
A great park for all ages. I enjoy watching the Raleigh Drum Circle on Wednesday nights. Check out their meet-up schedule.
Very beautiful park with something for everyone. Has unique backdrops for photo shoots. My fiance´ proposed to me at Pullen Park at a friend's event so when it came time for our engagement shoot, it was the obvious choice. It didn't disappoint. We're a very playful couple. Pullen Park brings out the child in us.
Kids love the train. Had a birthday party here. Turned out great! Favorite park because of the train. Can get crowded but lots of space and things to do.
- Nearby Attractions
- Raleigh City Museum
- Crank Arm Brewing Company
- North Carolina Executive Mansion
- Raleigh Brewing Company
- Blue Jay Point County Park
- North Hills
- Burning Coal Theatre Company
- Cameron Village
- Historic Oak View County Park
- Joel Lane Museum House
- Raleigh Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Raleigh
- What to See in 48 Hours in Raleigh
- What to See in 72 Hours in Raleigh
- How to Spend 5 Days in Raleigh
- How to Spend 6 Days in Raleigh
- How to Spend 7 Days in Raleigh