Adi Jagannatha Perumal TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Utira - Thiruppulani Road, Thiruppulani, Tamil Nadu 623532, Ramanathapuram, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4567254527
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Adi Jagannatha Perumal Temple is located in the Thiruppullani village of Ramanathapuram in Tamil Nadu. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Vishnu and is said to be built around the 8th-century CE. It is one of the 108 Divyadesam, that is Vishnu Temples, and is constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture. The temple is home to the shrines of Adi Jagannatha, Padmasini (wife of Adi Jagannatha), and Dharbasayana Ramar. There is also a metal figure of Lord Krishna which dates back to the 13 century Pandya period. The figure depicts the dance of Lord Krishna in a snake which makes the figure quite rare. With a five-tiered Rajapouram (gateway tower), the temple is an imposing and impressive structure.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ramanathapuram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ramanathapuram and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Adi Jagannatha Perumal Temple Address: Utira - Thiruppulani Road, Thiruppulani, Tamil Nadu 623532, Ramanathapuram, India
- Adi Jagannatha Perumal Temple Contact Number: +91-4567254527
- Adi Jagannatha Perumal Temple Timing: 07:00 am - 08:30 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!