Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge1039 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rameswaram Island and main land, Rameswaram 623726, India, Rameshwaram
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: View Point, Scenic Drive, Bridge, Nature
Locally known as the railway bridge, the Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge is the way to the Rameshwaram temple and connects Rameswaram to Ramanathapuram. The temple is located on the Pamban Island and hence this bridge is also referred to as the Pamban Bridge. The intricate architectural design of the bridge took it 14 years to stand as a bridge open to public. This bridge is 2.4 kilometers long and offers exquisite views of the Railway Bridge and Rameshwaram Island.
Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge Travel Tips
- Do not bend over the bridge.
- Do not litter on the bridge or surrounding areas.
- Do not scribble your name on the iron bars of the bridge.
How to Reach Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.45% of people who visit Rameshwaram include Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
54.29% of people start their Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge