Dhanushkodi TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Dhanushkodi, Rameswaram, India, Rameshwaram
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
The magic of this temple is that it still stood unharmed after a devastating cyclone washed the ghostly town of Dhanushkodi to ruins. This temple along with the water tank of the railway station and a church is all that left of the yesteryear in the city. The temple stands as a historic symbol attracting plenty of tourists every year. If you love history and are seeking peace, do make a stop at this temple on a visit to Rameswaram.
Dhanushkodi Temple Travel Tips
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How to Reach Dhanushkodi Temple
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.67% of people who visit Rameshwaram include Dhanushkodi Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
44.44% of people start their Dhanushkodi Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dhanushkodi Temple
89.66% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dhanushkodi Temple