About Gandamadana Parvatham, Rameshwaram
This is a significant point in the city as you can see the entire island of Rameshwaram from here. The foot print of Lord Ram is on a chakra over here. Hence even on the holistic front this place holds a lot of importance. On a visit to Rameshwaram, you should definitely not miss this holy place. This temple is just a couple of kilometers away from the Rameshwaram temple and is situated on a hillock. From the top you can enjoy mesmerizing views of the lush green forests, beaches and more.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gandamadana Parvatham Information
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How To Get To Gandamadana Parvatham by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Share your experience - Rate Gandamadana Parvatham, Rameshwaram
Around 40 stairs to climb after you go up by a motor vehicle. Darshan of Shri Ram foot steps, from here he saw lanka. #Incredible_India
This is the famous Gandhamadana Parvatham. Main shrine contains Lord Rama footprint and from top you will have great view of the surrounding area. Not to expect a complete view of town. 40 steps will take you to top and a cool nice breeze makes is great place to catch your breath.
Well this is the place from where it is believed that Lord Rama saw Sri Lanka...yes Sri Lanka is roughly 20 kms from this place... This is a must visit place in Rameswaram for seeing some birds eye views it offers...the temple hosts Lord Rama's feet impressions and from the terrace one can see a 360° panoramic view of the Rameswaram Island... However to get to the top there are around 50-60 steps which you need to climb... It is advisable not to visit this place during summer months as it gets too hot in this area...and u need to climb the temple barefoot...however once on top it's breezy with some mesmerizing views...
Hight has got a very calm natural beauty. It's do awesome in morning.
This is the place Lord ram used to see for Hanuman returns to rameshwaram from lanka.we find Lord foot here.
- Other Attractions
- Keoti Falls
- Purwa Falls
- Govindgarh Fort
- Rewa Fort
- Rani Talab
- Baghael Museum
- Venkat Bhavan
- Chachai Falls
- Bahuti Falls
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Keoti Falls
- Cheap Hotels Near Purwa Falls
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Govindgarh Fort
- Luxury Hotels Near Rewa Fort
- 5 Star Hotels Near Rani Talab
- Budget Hotels Near Baghael Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Venkat Bhavan
- Cheap Hotels Near Chachai Falls
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bahuti Falls
- City Tripplans
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 5 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 6 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 1 Day
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 3 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 2 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 4 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Trip to Delhi, Madurai, Chennai, Tirumala, Rameshwaram, Srisailam